• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My business....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sling,

There are plenty of old barns around here, well at least out in the country. I think you'd like some of them. Some have been converted into residences, they're pretty sweet.

I saw an episode of This Old House where they resurected an old barn from the foundation up. It took a shed-load of bucks, but the guy look super determined to have it exactly the way he wanted. Huge high ceilings and loft style bedrooms. This place musta been close to 8000 square feet. Very posh.

Think you could knock one out for me by X-mas? :D

R35

Legrandfromage

Aug 28, 2004
Biased

Well, it looks pretty good to me, and probably to the buyer. I could sure use a barn for all my 'boats and trains and planes' but the acreage here in sunny SW Florida won't accomodate. Think that thing would hold up under a cat 3 hurricane?

Legrandfromage (Sling SR.)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Legrandfromage said:
Think that thing would hold up under a cat 3 hurricane?

Legrandfromage (Sling SR.)

Just park it off the South coast and wait about 10 minutes. I'm sure there's a tropical depression you could name after it.

"Hurricane Barnsmasher":)

But the last thing I want to see is that sweet wooden boat splintered up on some beach...

R35

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
I like the photo. Is that some of your work?

I wish I was in a business like that. Writing business software for government agencies or whatever is not exactly what I call personally fulfilling and a main reason why I am not employed right now hehe.

I would watch out for the use of "alot" on a business site like this. Instead of "a lot" I would use other words.

The image on the home page and for your card is critical advertising. "We build barns" is a great start, but lose the "and other neat stuff". What else do you build? Add it to the slogan and still keep the slogan open somehow.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
It'd be ok if it had a decent banner. :D

Just kidding it looks great. Maybe you meant it to sound this way but it comes off to me as, you've been a contractor doing other things for a long time and building barns is something you'd like to start doing.

The idea of selling your experience is good but if I were in the market for a barn I'd like to feel that you're not too new to it. If it were me and it's not so feel free to ignore, I'd talk more about the barns first and then your experience.

I'll bet you could sell a bunch of those here as long as you could finish them out in stone. All the ranches around here have been bought up as hunting retreats and anything rustic is in.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Very cool!
awww.websmileys.com_sm_fingers_fing32.gif

Interestingly enough, we have a restaraunt here in Saskatoon called The Berry Barn.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.