• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My First Century

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
And boy am I tired! Yeah, I'm the sort that just jumps in head first I guess.

No idea how I finished, but took me about 8 hours. I didn't do "great" (my dad did better), but still didn't place last. If I had to guess, probably in the 40-45 percentile. Considering previous to this I haven't done more than 25 miles at a time on the bicycle, I'll take it as "great" for me. Hehe. I'll get pics up as soon as I get em, might even be a couple tomorrow.

It was called the Albuquerque Century Tour De Cure. Proceeds go to benefit the American Diabetes Association, which was cool. Did well on the first about...40 miles, then the wind kicked up out in the middle of BFE, a headwind of course on uphill climbs. Once I finished that climb the rest was, in comparison, cake.

Though I'm tired, I actually still feel pretty good. I drank more in one day than I have in I can't imagine how long, equivalent of probably 20 bottles of water, lol.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Excellent!

A century is certainly a right of passage on the bike. Any good climbs?

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
A couple, not the worst as far as what can be found, but two major hills and some rolling otherwise. Here's the elevation profile...
ABQCenturyElevation.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
A couple, not the worst as far as what can be found, but two major hills and some rolling otherwise. Here's the elevation profile...

Looks like probably 2500ft elevation gain over 105 miles (or so). Overall I'd say that is a flat ride but then again "the" climb is just past mile 80... ouch!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online