• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Quick Trip to the World Golf Hall of Fame

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I VISITED THE WORLD GOLF HALL OF FAME on Sunday. We're in Florida for a couple of weeks, first in the Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach area and then on to Destin on the Florida Panhandle.

It was a bright sunny day at the World Golf Hall of Fame, just north of St. Augustine. I spent about three hours there.

I enjoyed the history exhibits, putting on a late 19th century green (simulated) with the requisite ancient putter and golf ball, and also putting on an artificial green that stimped at 12 to 15, which is PGA Tour speed.

I also browsed the lockers of the Hall of Fame members and got one shot at the island green that fronts the main entrance.

The shot was 132 yards, with a crossing breeze, not helping. I made the island, landing my one and only ball just off the right-front edge. A decent shot, I decided, considering I hadn't hit a ball since December.

Here are a few more photos.

"Yes sir!"
Jack Nicklaus sinks one as you enter the museum.​

Women playing golf in the 19th century.​

President Dwight Eisenhower's golf cart.​

Source: My Quick Trip to the World Golf Hall of Fame

🔥 Latest posts