• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My son trying to break a driver shaft

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lol, Do ya'll think he may need a stiffer shaft?
Mark Jr swinging a driver.jpg

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
lol, All I thought when I saw that pic was "Oh my...".... Your son has definitly got some wickid lag in his swing!.

kasch

Apr 23, 2009
Why is his ball position so deep in the stance? Never gonna hit it good from back there.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Why is his ball position so deep in the stance? Never gonna hit it good from back there.

Good point, that may have been his 3 wood? He fights a killer $lice so he may have been moving the ball around experimenting.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
mddubya, yer boy's got some speed, but you do need to work on the position some. Too steep now. Have him move the ball forward till it' just inside his front toe, and to get those hips turning.

Report back after you buy him a XX flex shaft. :D

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
What kind of shaft is it?

Its just the OEM regular flex shaft that came in his Adams Redline. If we can straighten out his slice some where he will enjoy playing I'm going to upgrade him to stiff or x stiff flexes.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The reason he's slicing is because he's coming over the top trying to "hit" the golf ball, maybe partly since it's so damn close to his back foot lol.

Move the ball up inside his front heel and have him try and hit it over the shortstop. Use white tees to tee the ball up and check the paint pattern on the sole of the driver, you'll be able to tell from the tee marks what the swing path looks like.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I think some of that comes from the camera. That's what twofast told me anyway. I had a clip of him bending an X flex more than that believe it or not.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I think some of that comes from the camera. That's what twofast told me anyway. I had a clip of him bending an X flex more than that believe it or not.
If the shutter speed is fast enough(read enough available light) then what the picture shows is what was happening at that moment in time. I have no clue what kind of shutter speed this had or what kind of camera this was OR what kind of shutter speed it would take to stop a 100+mph swing speed but i dont see too much blur so i assume it was fast enough.

I don't doubt one bit that people can bend the piss out of shafts like this...they are made to bend.

when i drop the ball back in my stance like that i push the hell out of it.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Its the camera angle. I have a shot of my wife that looks almost identical to this and her swing speed is about 65 mph.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm quite sure the camera and angle have a lot to do with it. The fact that its a regular flex shaft and he insist on swinging like a gorilla isn't helping matters at all either. He has no concept of backing off a swing. I'll tell him, swing at 50%, and its the same exact swing as before when he almost came out of his shoes, :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.