• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My swing has gone to shit

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
My last couple of outings have been nothing short of a cluster fuck. My swing feels like an octopus falling out of a tree. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I think I'll just take a few days off and regroup then try to take a refreshed look at it.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Your timimg is off. Choke down, club up, feet closer together, quiet lower body - dial everything back until you're hitting it solid again. Even if you have to dial it back to a chip shot. Then slowly crank it back up.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Take a break for a spell and get that shit out of your head, then hit the range. Start with half swings with a mid iron until you tidy things up, then do the same with 3/4 swings. When you get your shit together go thru the bag with full swings. Usually when my swing goes to shit, the problem is with the top of my backswing. Once I get back on track I erase all mechanical thoughts and go by feel. That's just me though. Good luck.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The swing falling apart is the first sign that you really are a dick. The correction for this is to be nice to as many people as possible right away, and then to continue this behavior long term.

For example, if you send me $1,000 I guarantee you'll see a difference in your golf swing. $1,000/month will be a bigger difference.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The swing falling apart is the first sign that you really are a dick. The correction for this is to be nice to as many people as possible right away, and then to continue this behavior long term.

For example, if you send me $1,000 I guarantee you'll see a difference in your golf swing. $1,000/month will be a bigger difference.
In that case it looks like my swing will never improve.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.