• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My swing movie

Boab Bruce

Fedaykin
Sep 13, 2005
Hi All

first post :D straight in at the deep end.

I am 30 and last week started playing again after a gap of around 16 years.
I had some lessons when I was young and found that even after such a long break the swing I have now comes naturally to me.I don't really remember much that I was taught as it was around 20 years ago but I think some of it has stayed with me.I am putting up a short movie of my swing for some of you guys to have a look and maybe give me some pointers.I know I go past parallel on the backswing but would this be causing a slice ?
Anyway let me know what you think.
you can download the movie here

Benguk

Mod of the jibba-jabba
Apr 15, 2005
1. Backswing too far
2. Comming too far inside and pushing the ball
3. Only OK posture

NorCal707

Its a glass didgeridoo.
Apr 14, 2005
The posture is fine and your definetly not coming too far from the inside. The backswing might be a little long, but it looks like the face is square at impact. What was the result?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I don't see that...I see a bit of other stuff (left elbow issues at the top, right leg straightening, not a great weight transfer, and a bit of reverse pivot), but from the video angle...it doesn't APPEAR to be OTT. I just watched it in slow-mo, but I might have missed it. Also a bit of a pop up.

OP
B

Boab Bruce

Fedaykin
Sep 13, 2005
Thanks for the comments.
A couple of questions for clarification and to try some adjustments/improvements.

What is a classic OTT move?
Whats the reverse pivot and how to remedy?
where should the left elbow be at the top.

cheers

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
put a club in between your legs and hold one on your chest and swing untill the are both level, so your shoulder should be lined up with your foot, thats how far yo should swing back too

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
OTT - over the top - aka outside in - aka leads to a slice
Reverse pivot - when your weight finishes on your back foot instead of on your front foot - remedy it by not doing it
Left elbow - I dunno

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Gosh, are we watching the same movie? It's kind of dark in there, but I didn't see a reverse pivot at all.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Silver said:
OTT - over the top - aka outside in - aka leads to a slice
Reverse pivot - when your weight finishes on your back foot instead of on your front foot - remedy it by not doing it
Left elbow - I dunno

Too bad it was on the golf channel mate :p :beach3:

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
But no one said you were wrong.

The question was what's your point re the "too bad it was on the golf channel" comment? No one said it was a bad drill.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
And for the record, TGC does show a lot of crap. Alot of instructional methods won't work for a lot of people, so there's nothing to say that it's good, just because they show it.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Silver said:
But no one said you were wrong.

The question was what's your point re the "too bad it was on the golf channel" comment? No one said it was a bad drill.

Oh sorry mate, i thought when you said about the Over The Top stuff, i thought you were talking about my tip, sorry mate.

🔥 Latest posts