• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My WITB

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I don't think I have ever posted one of these, so here goes.

My bag for 2012

Clubs are listed in the signature, experimenting with a 3 iron hybrid.

Driver, 3 wood, and the 2 hybrid shafts, the white HM2 is in the 2 hybrid and the black HM2 is in the 3 hybrid.
Bag (450x800).jpg
Clubs (450x800).jpg
Shafts (800x450) (2).jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I like the paint job on the blades! Did you do that yourself?

I haven't looked into Nike much, how are the VR's? I still love the look of the original blades!

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
No, Nike did the stamping and the paint for me when I placed my staff order with them. They are one of the easiest companies I have done a staff agreement with when it comes to shaft upgrades and other customization.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm playing those wedges this year beginning on my birthday. I've fooled with them a bit at the range and practice green. Love love love them. Pleasure delaying.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I'm playing those wedges this year beginning on my birthday. I've fooled with them a bit at the range and practice green. Love love love them. Pleasure delaying.

I really like the wedges and they did a really cool test with me when I was down at The Oven, they had me hit a wedge with no grooves off of a lie board and showed that I was able to spin the ball with a clean dry lie with no grooves. I then hit the same shot with the grooveless wedge after they put a little water on the ball, it was so inconsistent. Then hit the VR Pro wedges with water on the ball and saw that the consistency of the spin rates was really impressive, no more than a 200 rpm difference on 10 shots.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I have to admit that I think the hex grooves are phucking bawss. Love the look behind the ball too. My tm ztp wedges always seem a little shut to me. These Nike's just frame the ball perfectly. I was hitting so many chips to kick-in range, and even making a few. When you love a club you either don't miss, or you forget that you missed.

Sweet, sweet bag. I might have to post one of these soon. I'm playing MP58s now. Most beautiful clubs I've ever seen.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Pretty clubs. Bad habit of mine, I pick pretty clubs that may not work out as well as ugly clubs might lol. I'll have to post one of these too, maybe tomorrow.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
After my trip out to Carlsbad, I have gone on staff with Callaway for 2013. I was very impressed with their entire line for this season and their plans for the future. I haven't gotten everything yet, still waiting on the 3 wood, wedges, putter, and I haven't decided which bag I want to go with yet, but it's still January so I have some time to figure that out, I'm hoping they bring the red X Hot bag out to the public.

The new bag will consist of:
Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Ozik HD8
X Hot Pro 15* Matrix Ozik HD9
X Utility 18* Project X PXi
X Forged 3-PW Project X PXi
Black Finish 52 & 58 Project X PXi
Odyssey Versa #9
Hex Black Tour Ball

I'll get some pictures up shortly.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I looked at most of that stuff except the utility and wedges and the stuff does look pretty nice. Especially those irons. I bet eventually you will dump that 3i and go back to three wedges though.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
You are probably right, I rarely hit a 3 iron which is why I took it out of the bag last year.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
When u go on staff like that, do you have to pay for that new equipment?

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
When u go on staff like that, do you have to pay for that new equipment?

It depends on the company, most will allow fourteen clubs and anything more than that you would have to pay a personal use discount price that is calculated off of wholesale.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online