• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NCAAF Bowl Season - WTF?!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Is this the worst year for Bowl matchups, or what? Not a close game yet. Who screwed the pooch? If the National Championship game on the 11th is as a bad as yesterday's contests, I'll be in bed at halftime.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Is this the worst year for Bowl matchups, or what? Not a close game yet. Who screwed the pooch? If the National Championship game on the 11th is as a bad as yesterday's contests, I'll be in bed at halftime.
Just made a similar comment in the NFL thread. Bad enough we've got 44 bowl games, adding piss poor match ups makes it even worse.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The only thing wrong with the bowl system is they wait too long to play the games. Teams in the playoffs waited 26 days. Teams playing today have waited even longer.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Time for a full playoff. Like FCS.
Yep. 15 bowl games culminating in the National Championship, which should be one of the 4 original big bowls (Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton). If you're not in the top 16 at the end of the season, you stay home.

And btw, what's the deal with next year? The Peach Bowl and The Fiesta Bowl are the semi finals? Seriously? Why isn't The Rose Bowl the National Championship? This :poop: is all wrong!

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Just saying, coming out of the half, I saw that TCU was down 31-0, and I said and I quote "TCU has a hot offense, I don't see why they can't score 31. If Oregon can score 31 in a half, why can't TCU?"

I was at a party, and stopped watching the game, even though it was on. Later on in the night, my bud grabbed me by the shoulder, and pointed at the TV, TCU was back 28-31, and about to kick that feild goal.

Even though I said it as a joke, I still in one way or another, called the biggest comeback in bowl history! Apparently I have the gift of seeing the future!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.