• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Never forget...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
We all know today is 9-11, and what happened 14 years ago on this day. Some time today:

Think about where you were and what you were doing.

Think about what you saw as it happened and afterwards.

Think about what was done to our country.

Send prayers or good thoughts out to the families of all those who gave their lives.

But most importantly (in my opinion), recognize that when our country faced the reality that we are not invincible, we came together regardless of sex, race, creed, political affiliation...above all else, we were Americans. Remember that feeling, hold it inside, and then use it when you decide how to interact with others.

God Bless America!

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I afraid that we have already forgotten too much. We are more worried about offending people than common sense measures for safety and security.
Yeah. It's pretty sad that we have to worry about offending every group out there and our opinions and beliefs are no longer important. If they are free to do and say what they like we are to and our views are just as relevant. It's time for the average American to stand up for themselves and have our voices heard.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
It's one of the big issues in the U.S. These days. The "I'm offended" seems to be the basis of every issue. It doesn't matter how stupid what you believe is, the "offending shield" is always stronger. Ideas are made to question. Unless there is scientific evidence on something you should be aloud to question it and make fun of it if you wish. Isn't that what freedom of speech means precisely?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It's one of the big issues in the U.S. These days. The "I'm offended" seems to be the basis of every issue. It doesn't matter how stupid what you believe is, the "offending shield" is always stronger. Ideas are made to question. Unless there is scientific evidence on something you should be aloud to question it and make fun of it if you wish. Isn't that what freedom of speech means precisely?
Exactly Xam. There is a real "I'm offended " phenomenon at the moment. It pervades the Internet.

I too am concerned about the impact on freedom of speech and general public debate.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I posted this before.

1ff10.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online