• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Never satisfied

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Being a 10 handicapper, you would think that I'd be overjoyed at carding a 75 yesterday. Couldnt hit a fairway to save my life, but my irons were pure, and my chipping and long putting were golden. Not one 3 putt all day (a rarity for me). Ended up with 4 bogeys, and 14 pars for the day.

I should be tickled pink, yes? Should be happy as a clam, yes?

Why in the hell am I dwelling on the 6 or 7 birdie putts within 12 feet that I couldnt sink :unhappy:

I'm not the only one who, even after a decent day, tends to dwell on the negative, am I?

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
It's not just you. All three times that I have shot even par, I "should have shot a 68". Every 73 I have ever shot, "should have been a 70". It goes on and on. Until, you realize just how many breaks that did in fact go your way instead of only dwelling on the ones that didn't.

Summary: Golf is an aggravating game.

OP
thekid65

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Oh ya... I realize the breaks. Was about 30 seconds from driving back to the tee to hit 3 because of a lost ball, and one of the guys in my foursome located it about 30 yards from where I was looking.

Also manged to make a couple of putts or so for par (the same length that I couldnt make for birdie).

My best on this particular course is a one-over 72

"Golf is an aggravating game."

Funny that we pay a lot of money every year to be aggravated, eh?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online