• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New and want to learn!

Mpfgolf

Mar 25, 2018
Country
United States United States
Hey Shottalk! My name is Maison, and I’m joining because I recently have been getting into club restoration and customization in my garage. I started with an old master that my neighbor gave to me when I was about ten years old, and I was hooked! I would love any suggestions on good forum threads, articles, anything to help me learn. Thanks!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Ping fever is for real, if the rumors are true my G700’s will ship on Friday and I’ll be taking possession of them early April.

@PaPaD is our resident custom/restoration guru. He’s also a helluva guy!

Welcome to ShotTalk!!!

OP
M

Mpfgolf

Mar 25, 2018
Country
Ping fever is for real, if the rumors are true my G700’s will ship on Friday and I’ll be taking possession of them early April.

@PaPaD is our resident custom/restoration guru. He’s also a helluva guy!

Welcome to ShotTalk!!!
Thanks for the recommendation! I finished two projects, one on an old master, and one on an adams putter I found in a ditch. About five days later and I have bought twelve putters hahaha

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Hey Shottalk! My name is Maison, and I’m joining because I recently have been getting into club restoration and customization in my garage. I started with an old master that my neighbor gave to me when I was about ten years old, and I was hooked! I would love any suggestions on good forum threads, articles, anything to help me learn. Thanks!
Welcome Maison! I'll be happy to share my experiences with club building, repairing, restoring. It's a passion!

OP
M

Mpfgolf

Mar 25, 2018
Country
Welcome Maison! I'll be happy to share my experiences with club building, repairing, restoring. It's a passion!
Thanks! I don’t have any specific questions right now, but may in the future. I’ve been reading a blog called diygolfer and it’s pretty good

OP
M

Mpfgolf

Mar 25, 2018
Country
Maybe you could give me some direction on best places to learn? Or any general tips I could use on black oxide and torching

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Maybe you could give me some direction on best places to learn? Or any general tips I could use on black oxide and torching
You've stumped me already. Most of my experience has been in shining up older SS irons, paint-filling heads, repainting metal woods, etc. Club building, repair and re-shafting - I have MANY stories to share!

OP
M

Mpfgolf

Mar 25, 2018
Country
I’m sure I will have fu
You've stumped me already. Most of my experience has been in shining up older SS irons, paint-filling heads, repainting metal woods, etc. Club building, repair and re-shafting - I have MANY stories to share!
ture club building questions for you, and I’d love to hear the rear stories lol

Members online