• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Arrival!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
MailMan showed up earlier and dropped off my new club while I was pigging out at Red Lobster.

Cleveland HiBore 5w 19* with Accuflex Creation 80X.

Seems pretty solid. Hopefully it performs. Going to see if it can replace my current 3w. Which has been erratic of late.

This is playing at 42", which is actually longer than my current 3w, so I'm probably going to have to shorten it some, but probably not by a whole lot, since Its supposed to be filling the spot of a longer club.

Do like the look of this head quite a bit. was actually in the market for an XLS 3w, but got this for a deal, and thought it could actually work pretty well. Its very small headed, almost more like a hybrid than a FW.

The HiBore drivers have done wonders for my game, and FW's have been a PITA for me since before I can remember, so hopefully this can live up to the expectations i've come to expect from the HiBore line.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
How a 19* head is going to replace a 15* one is a mystery to me... Do you think a 13* driver might replace your 9* one?

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
bingo.

Right now, I have no idea where one 3w shot may go from the next. I have more confidence on tight holes with my driver than 3w right now. not how things should be.

I think a 5w should be easier for me to hit. easier to get into the air. easier to control. given the increased hangtime, I don't think it'll be much shorter than my 3w tbh. will also land softer when I attack par 5's.

🔥 Latest posts