• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New driver

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bent over and got myself a new driver. RAZR Fit TA. I bought a regular head and threw a TA adapter into it and saved myself a ton of coin in the process. I'm not paying $175 for green paint.

I went to 8.5* in this head. I found myself hitting a lot of long, high drives that just went straight. I'm hoping to cure that by hitting low, fading bullshit.

Wish me luck.

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I wish you all the luck you'll need for all your bullshit to be low, fast, and fading into the distant trees....
thefinger_red.gif

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What's even better is that I'm absolutely killing my FT Tour as of late. I had two rounds in a row without missing a fairway.

Seems like a good time to buy a new driver.

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I was wondering how your sorely needed RAZR Fit driver was coming along. If you hit it any better than the FT on our trip then thats the last I'll ever play with you...so I hope you snap hook the crap out of it ;)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dude, I need this like a hole in the head. I got my draw back with the FT Tour and I could not be hitting the friggin' thing any better. I played in a scramble on Friday and beat out the long drive by 160 yards. Smoke show.

I'm heading out tomorrow with the Fit.

Did I mention I've never even demo'd a Fit? o_O

I know, I'm retarded.

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Dude, I need this like a hole in the head. I got my draw back with the FT Tour and I could not be hitting the friggin' thing any better. I played in a scramble on Friday and beat out the long drive by 160 yards. Smoke show.

I'm heading out tomorrow with the Fit.

Did I mention I've never even demo'd a Fit? o_O

I know, I'm retarded.

R35

Haha...yeah you text me that. I know we laugh about doing that but doesn't it feel good to live life a little on the wild side this time :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Haha...yeah you text me that. I know we laugh about doing that but doesn't it feel good to live life a little on the wild side this time :D

Of course. You can't fix stupid...;)

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

I'll take some this week and get them up.

It's a brand new 8.5* RAZR Fit with TA weights and adapter. Add to that picture a gold Matrix Ozik F6M2 shaft, and voila!

I have it set up with 4g/6g weights at the moment to bring down the swingweight, and the adapter setting is -0.5* loft, 1.5* open. We'll see how that works. Once I have it dialed, I likely won't touch it ever again.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So Cally is making heads with adjustable weights now? Didn't TM start that years ago? :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Visited 3 stores in the KC area today... GGalaxy, GSmith, and Watts. Hadn't been "snooping" around large shops for a couple of years. Dozens... DOZENS of used Callaway Razr Hawk, Razr Hawk Tour, RazrFit... Never seen so many used Callaways. One of the store managers is an old friend. He says Callaway has really fallen on hard times. Said people who have been loyal Callaway disciples for years cannot believe how bad their drivers are compared to the competition. That store has seen TMAG completely dominate the driver market, followed by Ping. Nothing else is moving the units those two manufacturers are.

I did pick up one of the Cleveland Classic drivers. The reviews have been pretty good. This was a pristine pre-owned that I picked up for a song. Really anxious to give it a whirl. Hope to play Friday and Saturday.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have tried several times to bag a Cally driver, each time I pull it out of the bag because of lack of distance compared to TM or Titleist. I don't know what it is, but those 2 brands seem to fit me perfectly when it comes to drivers. I really, really wanted to bag an FT Tour but just couldnt.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, first 27 holes in with the Fit.

Great driver. Longer that the FT Tour and very straight. It's harder to work left and right than the FT, but I'm not so sure how much of a bad thing that is.

Around these parts, Callaway and TM are neck and neck for club sales. Titleist is a distant 3rd, and normally swung by chumps. (Unfortunate, as they make great stuff.) I would place Ping 4th, but they are quickly gathering fans as they've put out crap for years and have recently dialed it up several notches, IMO. It's rare that you see anything Cleveland or Nike.

Callaway, by far, dominates in iron sales. At our mens club nights, I would guesstimate in the 70% range play Cally irons. That's a huge discrepancy over the numbers that I read about.

Whatever Callaway is/has been doing, it's working around here.

As long as Callaway puts out solid driver offerings, I will buy them. They fit my eye (usually) and the sound, flight and performance is what I expect.

I did hit the Ping Anser the other night. It's a nice offering too, and i would play it.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.