• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New KC Chiefs Coach!!1

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, the Chiefs have worked out a 5-year deal with Andy Reid. After 14 years at the Eagles, he is now on board in Kansas City. KC sports radio is extremely excited!!

I believe this should be an excellent hire. Reid has a stellar record, up until the past 2 years. This year, 4 of his 5 starting offensive linemen were out with injuries. QB injured. Dealt with some off-field, personal issues. Reid should bring some additional coaching talent with him.

Clark Hunt should be applauded for acting quickly and taking Reid off the market before he was signed by another franchise.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Nothing confirmed about Vick. Guess he might still have an "apartment" just north of Kansas City at Leavenworth!! :oops:

They are hinting we might see Brad Childress as offensive coordinator. Childress has head coaching experience at Minnesota and lots of coordinator experience.

Lots of speculation over the QB issue. Not much in the crop of available QBs in the draft. Some are suggesting KC trade its first round draft pick for a Flynn or Cousins or Smith... someone who could come in and perform. Others are actually saying to bring in Vick, while drafting a QB for him to mentor.

The other good news was that Scott Pioli, Chiefs GM, was fired today. Good riddance!!! Speculation, again, is that the Packers GM will be coming to Kansas City.

Amazing how many conspiracy theories can be initiated when sports jocks have to fill hours of air time!!!!

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
I agree Matt Flynn would be their best bet and they are in a great position to get him. Seattle would love a first round pick to beef up that defense.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm not sure I like this move. I mean for 14 years he was coach of perhaps the most overrated team in football.

I guess we shall see, he needs a QB. Maybe they can work a deal to get Tebow.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
My current dream is for the Cards to promote Horton to HC and bring in Norv to be OC.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My current dream is for the Cards to promote Horton to HC and bring in Norv to be OC.
I bet Norv lands back in Dallas. He's a really good OC, not so good as HC though.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I bet Norv lands back in Dallas. He's a really good OC, not so good as HC though.

That's what I was thinking as well. My next best combo would be Mckoy from Denver and keep Horton as DC. If they bring in Haley I might have to move.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's what I was thinking as well. My next best combo would be Mckoy from Denver and keep Horton as DC. If they bring in Haley I might have to move.
You're moving if Haley goes to AZ?? I'll do likewise if Tebow comes to KC!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You're moving if Haley goes to AZ?? I'll do likewise if Tebow comes to KC!!!!
I think the oh place Tebow has to go is Jacksonville. I don't think any other team wants the circus that goes along with him, fair or unfair.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think the oh place Tebow has to go is Jacksonville. I don't think any other team wants the circus that goes along with him, fair or unfair.

As I stated in the NFL thread, Jacksonville needs Tebow. Not because of his playing skills because he sucks and will suck even more playing for the Jaguars, but due to the fact he brings the media and the money...

Jacksonville hasn't been able to fill the stadium, even on discount tickets. Tebow will bring people to the stadium and will be able to bring people back. Two or three years of reconstruction and then to find a real QB and that would be all.....or maybe the Jags move to Los Angeles?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.