• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New KC Chiefs Coach!!1

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Of those... or any NFL team... Jacksonville is the ONLY one that stands to gain. They will gain some season ticket sales simply because of the name. I cannot see why any of the others would give up the possibility of acquiring a better QB via draft or trade than Tebow is.

Manning was signed for one season at Denver. Due to his neck issues, Denver wasn't even certain Manning would make it past the first quarter of play before another injury would take him out. Yet, they did not have enough faith in Tebow to keep him.
Ryan's job was on the line all season. Sanchez did NOT play well. Yet, with his own career at stake, Ryan didn't feel Tebow was the answer.
I don't see any teams lining up to get a shot at signing Tebow. There is not a good crop of QB prospects available in the upcoming draft. If Tebow had real value... If NFL teams thought he could even give them something improved over what they have or better than minimal draft prospects, why aren't they clamoring to grab him?

Exactly. I'm sure a guy like Rex Ryan knows a lot more about football than we do, and still he thought a guy with an under 50% pass completion and 2 INT per game gave him a better chance than Tebow.

Someone argued about his "Great College Career". Well, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell (worst No 1 pick ever), Matt Leinart and Vince Young just to mention a few, had awesome college careers, but they just weren't good enough to adapt their games to the NFL. The difference between an amateur and a real pro is that ability to change the game, and Tebow doesn't seem to have it.

On the other hand, I would like to see Tebow playing as a TE or something like that. He is big, strong, and modestly fast, he might make a great career in such position if he learns to block (it might take less time than learning how to throw).

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Exactly. I'm sure a guy like Rex Ryan knows a lot more about football than we do, and still he thought a guy with an under 50% pass completion and 2 INT per game gave him a better chance than Tebow.

Someone argued about his "Great College Career". Well, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell (worst No 1 pick ever), Matt Leinart and Vince Young just to mention a few, had awesome college careers, but they just weren't good enough to adapt their games to the NFL. The difference between an amateur and a real pro is that ability to change the game, and Tebow doesn't seem to have it.

On the other hand, I would like to see Tebow playing as a TE or something like that. He is big, strong, and modestly fast, he might make a great career in such position if he learns to block (it might take less time than learning how to throw).
I don't think he will switch positions, but I'm not positive.

Also, I'm not certain Rex really wanted Tebow. It may have been an ownership decision, although that doesn't explain how he was used this year.

I really don't understand why the Jers picked him up actually.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If he stays away from Mike Vick he should really help the Chiefs. The Chiefs still need a REAL QB for them to succeed.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
I don't think there is a NFL quality Qb in this years draft.

Me either but there are better ways Kansas City can use their 1st pick and wait to pick up A.J. McCarron next year.
ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z38_Ace07369_trollface_2.png

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
There will be a couple of good free agents. Alex Smith may be a good fit. Matt Flynn maybe. Niether one of those guys deserves to be a backup forever.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Me either but there are better ways Kansas City can use their 1st pick and wait to pick up A.J. McCarron next year.
ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z38_Ace07369_trollface_2.png
He's not an NFL level QB.

Still if his GF comes with him it might be worth a draft pick!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sports talk radio, in the KC area, has its share of idiots. You would be amazed at those calling and saying Geno Smith is the Second Coming. I heard one guy say that if the Chiefs didn't take Geno Smith in the first round, he'd never attend a Chiefs game again. Good riddance!!!
I don't think there is a QB in the draft worth wasting a first round pick for. The unknowns... the Russel Wilsons, etc.... can come from lower round picks. The Chiefs need a QB who can play and play now. They need to pick up a Flynn or Smith... proven NFL caliber producers. Grab a QB prospect out of the draft and let them work under the proven QB.
Back to Geno Smith. I watched the pre-game interview with Smith before the Kansas State game. At that time, he had won 5 in a row and had not thrown an interception. Smith appeard like nothing but a thug. His demeanor was cocky. He kept doing all kinds of "sign things" with his hands on his chest. Just appeared to be an attitude looking for a place to lose some teeth. K State intercepted him something like 3 times in that game. His lustre took a huge hit. I cannot see him being a positive addition to any team's locker room.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Any KC fan just needs to pray that someone reminds Andy to run the ball every now and then and to try and save a couple of timeouts for the end of halves. I watched him for 14 years in Philly and once he lost his better coordinators (Childress and Johnson) he didn't seem to be all that great of a coach.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Any KC fan just needs to pray that someone reminds Andy to run the ball every now and then and to try and save a couple of timeouts for the end of halves. I watched him for 14 years in Philly and once he lost his better coordinators (Childress and Johnson) he didn't seem to be all that great of a coach.
I always thought his Eagles teams were pretty overrated.

🔥 Latest posts