• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Playing Strategy..........

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I played my round of 16 match today and lost 2 and 1. I played a 6 handicapper who was giving me 5 strokes. I started by hitting the first two fairways and greens and 3 putting both greens to do down 2 right away. I just did not have the putting touch today. My opponent was steady with all pars until about the 11th hole I think. I was down 3 most of the match and was down 5 after 12 holes. My putter woke up on 13 and I won 3 holes in a row to battle back to 2 down with 3 to go. We pushed #16 with pars and we pushed #17 with pars, and that's where it ended 2 & 1. He was a true gentleman to compete with. I gave him all I had today. Maybe next year?
Well done buddy!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I played my round of 16 match today and lost 2 and 1. I played a 6 handicapper who was giving me 5 strokes. I started by hitting the first two fairways and greens and 3 putting both greens to go down 2 right away. I just did not have the putting touch today. My opponent was steady with all pars until about the 11th hole I think. I was down 3 most of the match and was down 5 after 12 holes. My putter woke up on 13 and I won 3 holes in a row to battle back to 2 down with 3 to go. We pushed #16 with pars and we pushed #17 with pars, and that's where it ended 2 & 1. He was a true gentleman to compete with. I gave him all I had today. Maybe next year?
"Drive for show. Putt for dough!"

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I played my round of 16 match today and lost 2 and 1. I played a 6 handicapper who was giving me 5 strokes. I started by hitting the first two fairways and greens and 3 putting both greens to go down 2 right away. I just did not have the putting touch today. My opponent was steady with all pars until about the 11th hole I think. I was down 3 most of the match and was down 5 after 12 holes. My putter woke up on 13 and I won 3 holes in a row to battle back to 2 down with 3 to go. We pushed #16 with pars and we pushed #17 with pars, and that's where it ended 2 & 1. He was a true gentleman to compete with. I gave him all I had today. Maybe next year?

Well done! Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. So that's really all you can ask for!! As a Leafs, Blue Jays and Raptors fan. I am used to hearing maybe next year LOL

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
You made the Sweet 16.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Slapped together a Minimalist bag again for today's geezer gang outing and scored my personal best on my home track in VA. 3 birdies, 7 bogies and 8 pars for a 76. Apparently, 8 clubs is enough.

Old banger bag:

Titleist 905R 10.5*
Perfect Club 21*
Cobra Baffler 5h 26*
PING Eye 2 7i
PING i3 Blade 9i
Cleveland CG15 52* & 56*
Odyssey 2 Ball

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Slapped together a Minimalist bag again for today's geezer gang outing and scored my personal best on my home track in VA. 3 birdies, 7 bogies and 8 pars for a 76. Apparently, 8 clubs is enough.

Old banger bag:

Titleist 905R 10.5*
Perfect Club 21*
Cobra Baffler 5h 26*
PING Eye 2 7i
PING i3 Blade 9i
Cleveland CG15 52* & 56*
Odyssey 2 Ball
NICE!!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I have not been able to get off the tee very well of late. The last 5-6 rounds the tee shot has cost me about 6-8 strokes. Tomorrow I'm going to try something just to help get the groove back. I have a 14° and 20° hybrids that I hit pretty well for about 230 and 215 yards respectively. I'm going to use the 14° for tee shots and the 20° for long fairway shots. The rest of the bag will be 5-gw, sw, putter for 11 clubs. We'l see what happens.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I have not been able to get off the tee very well of late. The last 5-6 rounds the tee shot has cost me about 6-8 strokes. Tomorrow I'm going to try something just to help get the groove back. I have a 14° and 20° hybrids that I hit pretty well for about 230 and 215 yards respectively. I'm going to use the 14° for tee shots and the 20° for long fairway shots. The rest of the bag will be 5-gw, sw, putter for 11 clubs. We'l see what happens.
Hit 10 of 14 fairways today and scored 10 strokes better than I've been scoring. I really need to work on my driver.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online