• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Project X stickers

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Is it possible to get new stickers for the Project X shaft? I have a set that they are peeling, and I'd like to replace them. Thanks, Jon

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Cant be had. I have spoken directly to a sales rep for TT and he said they are unavailable to anyone at any price. My golfworks rep told me the same thing. Just cant be done.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Very clever by TT. If the stickers could be had easily then some Ba$tardo's would buy the stickers and rebrand any old Rifle shafts with the Project X stickers and flood the Bay with them.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Very clever by TT. If the stickers could be had easily then some Ba$tardo's would buy the stickers and rebrand any old Rifle shafts with the Project X stickers and flood the Bay with them.

exactly what they said.

You could buy a set of FST prowhites that look identical to PX shafts for less than $50, pop on the stickers and sell them for $150 without any difficulty.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Way to blow up Clug's plan, fellas =)

LOL. OK, that's what I needed to know. That is a good point about rebranding some knock-off's to resell. I guess I'll go to the "clean" look. I don't need people to know what I'm playing.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
exactly what they said.

You could buy a set of FST prowhites that look identical to PX shafts for less than $50, pop on the stickers and sell them for $150 without any difficulty.

Yep, I wouldn't sell shaft stickers for any shaft separately if I were them either. You get one each when you buy our shaft and that's it.

LOL. OK, that's what I needed to know. That is a good point about rebranding some knock-off's to resell. I guess I'll go to the "clean" look. I don't need people to know what I'm playing.

All my shafts (that I've purchased separately) are sans stickers right now. I have a box full of Dynamic Gold, Dynalite Gold and a few other miscellaneous shaft stickers. If I ever want to sell the shafts then I'll clean the shafts and put them on then. I know what shafts are in my clubs (I keep a builder's log) so I really don't care if anyone else knows or not.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
you'd think they would put the stickers on straight in the first place then...
or at least offer some type of trade-in "send us your scratched off PX sticker, we'll send you a new one"

does the company really need to be that concerned about ebay? on one hand, they could push the "you don't know what you're getting from ebay -you should buy new shafts from one of our authorized distributors..." might help them sell more shafts - no?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It would be worth contacting them to ask about the old stickers for new one's. It wouldn't supprise me if they'd do that for you.

I think they are spot on not selling the stickers seperatly. Why help people fake your product when you can keep a tight control over things?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
It would be worth contacting them to ask about the old stickers for new one's. It wouldn't supprise me if they'd do that for you.

I think they are spot on not selling the stickers seperatly. Why help people fake your product when you can keep a tight control over things?

Nope they wont do it.

I spoke to the rep in regards to a few sets I was building using PX shafts. I told him that when I spine these shafts prior to install (which they recommend you do) the labels are all over the map and look very unprofessional. Some people dont mind, some ask that the labels be removed. I said I want to spine the shafts and then put the labels back in their proper orientation. He said sorry, under no circumstance do they let out labels that are not affixed to the shaft.

Jun 24, 2006
Nope they wont do it.

I spoke to the rep in regards to a few sets I was building using PX shafts. I told him that when I spine these shafts prior to install (which they recommend you do) the labels are all over the map and look very unprofessional. Some people dont mind, some ask that the labels be removed. I said I want to spine the shafts and then put the labels back in their proper orientation. He said sorry, under no circumstance do they let out labels that are not affixed to the shaft.

Will they let you send them the shafts, marked were you want the new bands placed?

Guess that's a lot of trouble for a sticker.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
aren't the PX the most expensive steel shaft they make? you'd think they could at least put the stickers on in the right spot
or at least let select "Rifle Certified" dealers reapply them - there isn't an issue with their long blacks floating around is there?

🔥 Latest posts