• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Putter - Palombi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I just bit the bullet & got one of George Palombi's creations. 35" 340 gram - beach sole, welded neck.
back.jpg
face.jpg
sole.jpg

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That looks fantastic. Can I ask what difference does the weld neck make to the feel of the putter?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That weld looks like shit. Couldn't he grind and polish? Or is that part of the aesthetic? The rest of the putter looks fantastic.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The thermometer in hell must be taking a dive, Wirehair bought a putter and it wasn't a Cameron. :D

Nice putter. Does he make a center hosel / no offset model?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The thermometer in hell must be taking a dive, Wirehair bought a putter and it wasn't a Cameron. :D
So that's why he's been selling all his Scottys. And here I thought it was to to pay for that strip club tab.

Irish

May 9, 2007
i'm sending my scotty to george this week for copper plating..can't wait to see what it will look like...

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
George has done a bunch of stuff for me, things he didn't need to do, but did as a friend and I needed one of his putters. The blobby weld is, for me, a part of the the aesthetics, it reminds me that this one wasn't just cranked out by machine.

Joe, the finish is one of those flamed oilcan finishes like that one you got from me, did you game it and if you did how does is hold up?

Irish, what model are you getting coppered? I've seen a copper circa that George plated and cut a beach slot into...very nice. Tell him I said hey!

Irish

May 9, 2007
studio design 1.5 probably going to go with a blue or black paintfill...

quick question wirehair...I need to pull the head from the scotty..whats the best way of doing that I want to keep the shaft obviously...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
That finish is gorgeous! I really like how simple it is, very understated.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
Easy... heat gun, torch, stove top, even a butane lighter will work. Just keep the heat source moving. Epoxy will break down below 200F. You've got a steel head & a steel shaft - really tough to screw up.

studio design 1.5 probably going to go with a blue or black paintfill...

quick question wirehair...I need to pull the head from the scotty..whats the best way of doing that I want to keep the shaft obviously...

Irish

May 9, 2007
could i do it myself...do I need a vicegrip or a shaft puller etc...or would i be able to do it with a portable butane torch and an oven mit

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
Torch & mitt would work fine, don't grab the head with your bare hand then drop it on the carpet because it burns you. I have it on good authority that wives take a dim view of melted spots on the carpet.:eek:

could i do it myself...do I need a vicegrip or a shaft puller etc...or would i be able to do it with a portable butane torch and an oven mit

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
What do you mean by a beach sole?

The slot cut into the sole, somtimes its referred to the sound slot as it changes the sound of a struck ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.