• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Swing Videos

natex14

Oct 6, 2008
First, you have a very nice swing, so don't take anything as an insult that I say. I teach golf, and you are asking questions. :)

The first thing that I don't like is that you are addressing the ball like you are about to pinch a 7 iron. I am guessing you hit your irons well by looking at your swing, because it's setup for iron play. I would try putting the ball more forward in your stance, keep everything else in that second video address the same, just the ball three inches forward. I would try that, but I wouldn't make that official, because even though your address isn't right, by the time you get through the ball it appears you have fixed the problem, because you head is still behind the ball.

You have two issues you SHOULD fix, and those are your wrist moving too much and too quick, and your arms moving too much and too quick.

If you look at your swing, you don't move your shoulders at all. You should try to swing the club with the thought in mind of not swinging your arms.

Drills for this are dragging the club back across the ground as far as you can, you will notice when you do that, your shoulders become activated. Get the hips turned away from the target, and get that left shoulder to pass the ball on your backswing. Pay attention when you do this how little you have to move your arms to get to parallel, it's not much at all.

Be careful not to drag the club around you in a circle. I put a tee behind my student’s ball, about two feet, and almost directly behind it. When you start swinging back, that club should pretty much go over the tee before coming back into your swing plane.

You do a couple other little things, but fix the shoulders and wrist flying around, and you will hit the ball more consistent.

Wow, that is hard to explain typing out. That was just my two cents. If you try anything I say and break a window or put your back out, you are on your own. lol. Have fun.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Swing

I like your swing, it is little loose with the wrists like the above poster mentioned. I also see that your feet are closed at address. Do you push the ball a lot or hit snap hooks?

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I can't offer any help, I just wanted to say I wish that site had sound. Looks like you knocked the bejeezus out of that ball.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
First, you have a very nice swing, so don't take anything as an insult that I say. I teach golf, and you are asking questions. :)What organisation do you teach for and where did you qualify?

The first thing that I don't like is that you are addressing the ball like you are about to pinch a 7 iron. I am guessing you hit your irons well by looking at your swing, because it's setup for iron play. I would try putting the ball more forward in your stance, keep everything else in that second video address the same, just the ball three inches forward. I would try that, but I wouldn't make that official, because even though your address isn't right, by the time you get through the ball it appears you have fixed the problem, because you head is still behind the ball.

You have two issues you SHOULD fix, and those are your wrist moving too much and too quick, and your arms moving too much and too quick.

If you look at your swing, you don't move your shoulders at all. You should try to swing the club with the thought in mind of not swinging your arms. i have to disagree with the fact that he doesnt turn the shoulders, i think it is the opposite!

Drills for this are dragging the club back across the ground as far as you can, you will notice when you do that, your shoulders become activated. Get the hips turned away from the target, and get that left shoulder to pass the ball on your backswing. Pay attention when you do this how little you have to move your arms to get to parallel, it's not much at all.

Be careful not to drag the club around you in a circle. I put a tee behind my student’s ball, about two feet, and almost directly behind it. When you start swinging back, that club should pretty much go over the tee before coming back into your swing plane.

You do a couple other little things, but fix the shoulders and wrist flying around, and you will hit the ball more consistent.

Wow, that is hard to explain typing out. That was just my two cents. If you try anything I say and break a window or put your back out, you are on your own. lol. Have fun.

I would suggest that you sync up your backswing by using a drill i told you about last time you posted a vid, the club in the belly button drill.

Looking at your swing i have to agree with the guy on swing academy that your alignment is out and to this end i think this causes you to rip the club inside and by doing this the shoulders turn very early, and this causes your arms to swing below plane which you then try to adjust by lifting them above plane by the end of the backswing, this causes sync problems on the way down as your arms have to swing further than they should and you stop the lower body and upper body rotating halfway down to allow your hands and arms to catch up, this is then where you can see a flip through impact and probably inconsistent ball flight and distance control.

Doing the club in the belly button drill will help you to stop turning too quickly and also the adjustment recommended in your alignment will help firm up your right side and create more resistance on the way back.

🔥 Latest posts