• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

News Flash --Packer offensive line now fixed

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
The Packer offensive line has been more than a SIEVE this year giving up 20 QB sacks in 4 games. A blocking sled would be more effective.

Anyway they resigned Mark Tauscher (last year's right tackle and THE Packer right tackle for 9 years) to a one year contract. He is coming off an ACL surgery. He also had the other knee done a couple of years ago. Before he was signed by the Pack Kansas City Chiefs gave him a try out. They passed. Packers are the winners?????

Who do I blame ----OL coach James Campen. Or the Vikings or Bears ---whatever is easier.

Actually the coaching staff and GM made stupid decisions. To protect a 2nd year QB they went with 4 new people on the offensive line--only left tackle Chad Cliffton (with NO experienced LT reserve) returning. And they expected a O-line coach with 3 years coaching experience to gel this line. The O-line coach was hired 2 years ago by --guess who? --the Packers. That's right his very FIRST COACHING job. The average NFL O-line coach has 24 years of coaching experience. WTF.

A rant ---YES!!!! I' going to be hard pressed to justify 3 hours per Sunday viewing a quagmire of coaching ineptitude.

BTW Tauscher is a great dude. He grew up on a dairy farm in Auborndale Wisconsin just 1 hour drive north of my farm. A class act, a baby face humble dude. A rare item among Pro athletes.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
BTW Tauscher is a great dude. He grew up on a dairy farm in Auborndale Wisconsin just 1 hour drive north of my farm. A class act, a baby face humble dude. A rare item among Pro athletes.

He's also working on a doctorate (maybe he's already finished..I'm not sure) in education administration through his alma mater (University of Wisconsin).

I think this move was on the mind of every single Packers fan from the very moment Allen Barbre allowed the Bears to sack Rodgers for the first time in game 1. I know that my first thought was "I wonder what Tauscher is up to these days."

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
He's also working on a doctorate (maybe he's already finished..I'm not sure) in education administration through his alma mater (University of Wisconsin).

I think this move was on the mind of every single Packers fan from the very moment Allen Barbre allowed the Bears to sack Rodgers for the first time in game 1. I know that my first thought was "I wonder what Tauscher is up to these days."[/QUOTe

+1---polysci degree---he lives in Sun Praire-- after watching Barbre I was considering putting in a personal plea for his return.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
New Flash ---Packer offensive line now broken again. Looks like Tauscher is out for the season and probably his career. Injured the same knee that took him out last year.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Did you just hear this? Google news is still saying two weeks.

KEvin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
No..............I just assumed it from things I've heard (rumors). I hope he's not done. They really need him.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
There's some hope he may play this week, but it's doubtful. He looked pretty good on Sunday for the little time he was in the game. I'm sure he's real happy the other side of the line collapsed on the play he got hurt, allowing three guys to fall on the back of his legs after he had kept his guy out of the pocket. Imagine working for a year to rehab and ten minutes into your first game the yahoos on the other side of the line let get knocked on their asses and onto to the back of your repaired leg.

Imbeciles on that line, I'll tell you what.

Kevin

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
offensive line = a rotten egg. I'm not sure where the rebuilding process centers around. Lang -alate round guard/tackles is their best future. Sitton not too bad. Rest either suck or are injured. Going to be a very long second half.

Well I guess I can plan on a golf vacation during superbowl and not miss a Packer game.:unhappy:

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Ted Thompson doesn't seem to realize that the line of scrimmage is where games are won and lost. Every year the line regresses into mediocrity. Just stick some fat guy in there.........that's all you need.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
On the good side, if there is any, Rodgers has been capable of playing behind such line and make some great plays...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
On the good side, if there is any, Rodgers has been capable of playing behind such line and make some great plays...
I agree, if playing behind a line like this doesn't get a quarterback injured(more than likely he does) it allows him to become more comfortable in the pocket even when it starts to break down. Knowing he needs to find a solid target, and hit that target in a short amount of time sharpens skills.

I think once our line shows some skills and gets some protection for Rodgers, he will really start to shine as a QB.

Phana24JG

Phana24JG
Nov 10, 2009
I agree, if playing behind a line like this doesn't get a quarterback injured(more than likely he does) it allows him to become more comfortable in the pocket even when it starts to break down. Knowing he needs to find a solid target, and hit that target in a short amount of time sharpens skills.

I think once our line shows some skills and gets some protection for Rodgers, he will really start to shine as a QB.

Agreed. However, I don't see this group as having anywhere the skills necessary to develop. What I am wondering is where the hell has Capers hidden this defense for the past eight games? Were the Cowboys that inept, or did we finally acquire a dependable secondary?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Agreed. However, I don't see this group as having anywhere the skills necessary to develop. What I am wondering is where the hell has Capers hidden this defense for the past eight games? Were the Cowboys that inept, or did we finally acquire a dependable secondary?

I think the new defensive tactic is what brought that on...something may have just clicked last night and we may see that kind of D the rest of the year....at least, thats what i am hoping....

🔥 Latest posts