• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFC East

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ben never said that. He said he'd believe if at least 50% of the league didn't know it, but he said he did. :p

Boulder

The Boulder is rolling
Jun 3, 2007
E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles! (aka, just can't help myself)

Glad my family had to celebrate T-Day with dinner last evening.

Don't want to have to keep it all down watching the Eagles tonight v. the Cardinals.

Current thinking in an Eagles fan's brain:
We're 5-5-1.
That makes 5 more games to go.
Win all 5 ... hmmmm ... that's 10-5-1.
Playoffs here we come!
Super Bowl Champs!

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!

Hype on Comcast sports beat show two nights ago ... Holmgren takes next year off ... comes back year after as GM in his hometown of San Fran ... hires on buddy Andy Reid as coach ... Eagles lure (no, not Lurie) Bill Cowher to come back to coaching.

Anyone reading this should also know that PA Gov. Ed Rendell is a mainstay on Comcast Eagles pre- and post-game commentary panel. Fun seeing The Gov on the shows.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Current thinking in an Eagles fan's brain:
We're 5-5-1.
That makes 5 more games to go.
Win all 5 ... hmmmm ... that's 10-5-1.
Playoffs here we come!
Super Bowl Champs!
The way the NFC is looking it would likely 10-5-1 to assure a playoff spot. I think at 10-6 could likely go down to a tie breaker.

Although Sadly enough that would mean 9-6-1 is likely not be enough. Tough order, I only remember because the Redskins had to do similar last year to get in the playoffs, but only had to win their last 4.

I would say good luck, but as a 'Skins fan I hope it doesn't happen.

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
I've been to every Eagles game this year, and it has been painful to see how the season has turned out. They have the talent to win a lot of games, just play calling holds them back too much.

After the Thanksgiving game Reid apparently was saying that just because it worked today doesn't mean they'll keep running the ball the rest of the season.

I am a HUGE supporter of McNabb, I've loved the guy since day 1 and I still do. I am just now starting to admit that Reid has to go. McNabb is too talented to be held back by a bad game time coach. When the Eagles run the ball, McNabb actually gets to pick apart a defense. You can't fault a guy for having a terrible game when the other team KNOWS that you're going to pass, even on 3rd and 1 every time!

I do believe that the Eagles can win out (even against the Giants and Cowboys), but it's too little too late. With the Giants taking the division, the Redskins, Cowboys, and Panthers are the only contenders for the Wild Card spots.

Boulder

The Boulder is rolling
Jun 3, 2007
E-A-G-L-E-S Ouch!!!

Just got an email that included these ... hope no one's offended by any of these ... ouch !!!

The Philadelphia Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Philadelphia.
For the first offense, they give you two Eagle tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Philadelphia Eagles.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Philadelphia Eagles out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in Philadelphia in case of a tornado?
A. To the Eagles Stadium - they never have a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Philadelphia EAGLE with a Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Philadelphia Eagles and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Philadelphia Eagles does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and a possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Kinda makes me want to watch the movie Invincible again. :laugh:

Saw that recently, it was a pretty good movie and oh so sweetly reminds me of The Eagles. Maybe they should bring back Vermeil, or the walk on tryout ;)

Boulder

The Boulder is rolling
Jun 3, 2007
The sad part about us Eagles fans ...

... is I think we enjoy humor launched at us and in beating ourselves up (at least among 'our own' ... kind of like family, we can beat each other up, but noone outside better ever pick on us) ... kinda makes me worry if we'd every wind up losing all the 'joy' that comes from always being the victim. Red Sox fans got past that ok, though.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Those are golden Boulder. I just have no idea what they are doing out there.

Boulder

The Boulder is rolling
Jun 3, 2007
Crap ...

Just settling in to what I thought was to be a relaxing weekend ... but just realized I gotta get through another Eagles game on Sunday.
:faintthud

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Just settling in to what I thought was to be a relaxing weekend ... but just realized I gotta get through another Eagles game on Sunday.
:faintthud

look at the bright side they will be the ones to give the G-Men the division title.
:ugly25:

Boulder

The Boulder is rolling
Jun 3, 2007
E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!

:killersmiley:

... at least let me cherish the moment ...

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Another injury for Dallas, injuries have wrecked their freaking year.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Did that hurt Cowboys fans?

That looked like that hurt.

🔥 Latest posts