1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFC East

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by JEFF4i, Oct 30, 2008.

1. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    That was a big time bed shitting by the cowboys. Playoffs, what pplayoffs LMAO. I wonder where TO will play next year.

2. Pa Jayhawk

Pa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Redskins are also managing to throw away any playoff hopes. Start the season 6-2 and manage to go 1-4 since then.

Looks like that could be it for them. Because unlike last year where they simply had to win their last 4 games to get in, this year they would have to win their last 3 and still get alot of help. What a difference a game makes. Had they won last night they would have had a good chance. Instead gave away 14 points and 2 turnovers in the opening minutes.

3. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

It's still too early to start counting chickens in the NFC.

Carolina finishes up TB,Denver,NYG, NO.

Minnesota has AZ,ATL, NYG.

TB has CAR, Atl, SD, OAK.

Cowboys have NYG, Balt., Philly.

Philadelphia has Clev., Wash, Dal.

It's going to come down to the last week for the wildcards I think. That tie is killing Philly now. They might have been able to walk in with wins over Clev. and Wash. but now will have to win out. Cowboys look to have the toughest road. TB has no cakewalk but looking good, big game tonight for both them and CAR. Minnesota... they could easily lose all 3 of the remaining games and leave the door wide open. Lots of 8-5's in the NFC right now.

4. Stooonne

Stooonne Well-Known Member

The tie against the Bengals is what is going to put the Eagles into the playoffs. Of course a win would have been better, but they did make the right decision to punt the ball at the end of the game. If they would have lost the game, playoff hopes would be out of the question.

The Eagles make the playoffs assuming they: Win Out, and have Atlanta lose at least one game out of their next three.

A win obviously would have made things easier for the Eagles, but because of the tie they are in control of their destiny (assuming the Falcons lose at least one game).

Prediction: The Bucs and the Eagles will get in with a wildcard spot.

5. Pa Jayhawk

I actually don't see them beating both the Redskins and Dallas Considering the tie was against Cincinati they probably shouldn't even start off by even overlooking Cleveland. :)

As a Skin's fan, I hate their chances to make the playoffs as they need all kinds of help, but with a home game againsts Philly and away games against Cin, and SF I still like their chances better than Philly's.

6. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Also, take into consideration, the Giants are now in playoff conserve mode. They already have the division locked up. Not that they won't play hard but Jacobs is not going to play last 3 games with a very minor knee injury, Hixon has a sore foot ect.. They aren't going to push it last 3 games. In fact, sack Eli hard once and you might be seeing the backup QB.... and I'm embarassed to say I don't even know who the feck that is. [​IMG]

I also agree the Redskins might have a better shot than Philly. Philly has to play Dallas last game, one of them is going to knock the other out and more than likely both go home.

Everyone is sitting at 8-5 but 11-5 cancels out any divisional wins over 10-6. The team that wins out goes... and they can't all win out now.

7. Boulder

Boulder The Boulder is rolling

Giants Depth Chart - QB

According to the depth chart at their website ...

QB
    10 Eli Manning 8 David Carr

David Carr ...
    TRANSACTIONS:

- Originally a 1st round (1st pick overall) draft choice by the Houston Texans in 2002…Released by the Texans on March 23, 2007…Signed as a free agent by the Carolina Panthers on April 10, 2007… Signed as a free agent by the Giants on March 3, 2008.

GIANTS NOTES:
    - Carr was the 1st-ever draft pick in franchise history by the Houston Texans in 2002….He was the 12th quarterback selected number-one overall since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.
    - With Eli Manning and Carr, the Giants are the 2nd team in history to have on their roster at the same time 2 quarterbacks who were selected first overall in their respective drafts. The 2007 Panthers were the 1st team with that distinction with Vinny Testaverde (1987) and Carr (2002).
    - David and his father love collecting classic cars. Each year they attend the Pismo Beach Classic, one of the largest classic car and street rod shows on the West Coast. The show, traditionally on Father's Day Weekend, pulls in 1,000 classic cars and street rods and over 100,000 spectators in 3 days.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
    - Carr has played in 82 career games with 79 starts. He started all 16 games 4 times in his 5 seasons with the Texans, including the last 3. Carr has completed 1,316 of 2,206 passes (59.7 percent) for 14,026 yards, 62 touchdowns and 70 interceptions. His career passer rating is 74.4. He has been sacked 262 times, including a record 76 for 411 yards in losses as a rookie.
    - Carr has produced 4 career 300-yard passing performances, including a career-high 372 against Minnesota on Oct. 10, 2004…He had career-high totals of 54 passes and 39 completions in Giants Stadium against the Jets on Nov. 26, 2006…Carr tied the NFL single-game record with 22 consecutive completions vs. Buffalo on Nov. 19. 2006…He has directed 11 career game-winning drives in which the decisive points were scored in the fourth quarter or overtime, including one last Oct. 7 in New Orleans. Carr led the NFL with a career-high 68.3 completion percentage (hitting 302 of 442 passes) in 2006.
    - In 2007, Carr played in 6 games with 4 starts and completed 73 of 136 passes (53.7 percent) for 635 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions…Added 17 carries for 59 yards on the ground.
    - Started at quarterback in place of an injured Jake Delhomme at New Orleans (10/7) and completed 10-of-17 passes for 119 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception…Directed an 85-yard 4th quarter drive that ended with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Steve Smith with 3:53 remaining to tie the game at 13…Engineered his 11th career game winning drive and 1st with Carolina, directing the team 21 yards on 8 plays in 2:14 and completing both of his pass attempts for 17 yards to set up a 52-yard John Kasay field goal as time expired.
    - Started at Tennessee (11/4) and completed 15 of 27 attempts for 107 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception…His 18-yard touchdown pass to Drew Carter in the 4th quarter was his 3rd scoring strike of the season.
    - In 2006, started all 16 games for Houston for the 3rd consecutive season with Houston…Completed a career-high 302 passes (in 442 attempts) for 2,767 yards, 11 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for a passer rating of 82.1…Led the NFL with a career-best 68.3 completion percentage…Ranked 4th in the league in 4th-quarter passing with a 104.2 quarterback rating by completing 73 of 102 passes for 679 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 interceptions…Carried 53 times for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    - Produced 8th-career game-winning drive vs. Miami (10/1) when he drove the offense 70 yards in 10 plays, completing all 4 passes for 46 yards and scoring the winning touchdown on a 1-yard run on the 1st play of the 4th quarter.
    - Tied NFL single-game record with 22 consecutive completions vs. Buffalo (11/19, a mark previously achieved by Washington quarterback Mark Brunell vs. Houston (9/24)…Completed 25 of 30 for 223 yards with 1 interception.
    - Threw for a season-high 321 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception while completing 39 of 54 passes (both career-high totals) at the Jets (11/26)…It was his 4th career 300-yard passing game and the 3rd-highest total of his career, surpassed only by 372 yards vs. Minnesota (10/10/04) and 371 yards at Tennessee (10/12/03).
    - In 2005, started all 16 games…Completed 256 of 423 passes (60.5 percent) for 2,488 yards, 14 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a passer rating of 77.2…Led all AFC quarterbacks in rushing with a career-high 308 yards
    and 1 touchdown on 56 attempts…Sacked 68 times, which ranks as the 3d-highest single season total in NFL history behind the 76 sacks of Carr in 2002 and 72 sacks of Philadelphia’s Randall Cunningham in 1986.
    - Led 7th-career game-winning drive vs. Cleveland (10/30)…Following a 63-yard kickoff return, Houston scored the game-winning points 6 plays later on a 40-yard Kris Brown field goal…Carr completed a season-high 25 passes on 34 attempts for 293 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception for a season-high rating of 116.4 vs. St. Louis (11/27)…The 3 touchdown passes matched his career best, previously accomplished vs. Minnesota (10/10/04).
    - In 2004, started all 16 games and completed 285 of 466 passes (63.9 percent) for 3,531 yards, 16 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and a passer rating of 83.5…Established career highs for attempts, yards and touchdowns…Ranked 1st among AFC quarterbacks in rushing with 299 yards on 73 carries.
    - Threw for 233 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception while completing 13 of 15 passes at Kansas City (9/26)…Led the Texans to a come-from-behind win, overcoming a 21-14 fourth quarter deficit…Completed 6 of 7 passes for 112 yards and 1 touchdown, including a 9-yard scoring strike to wide receiver Jabar Gaffney that tied the score at 21, in the 4th quarter…Completed 2 of 3 passes for 45 yards during decisive 42-yard game-winning drive, capped by a 49-yard Kris Brown field goal with 2 seconds remaining.
    - In 2003, played in 12 games with 11 starts for Houston…Did not play in 1 contest and was inactive for 3 others…Completed 167 of 295 (56.6 percent) for 2,013 yards, 9 touchdowns and 13 interceptions for a passer rating of 69.5…Rushed for 151 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns on 27 attempts…Suffered a sprained right ankle in the 2nd quarter at Indianapolis (10/26) that forced him to leave the game…Was inactive the following week vs. Carolina
    (11/2)…Left contest at Buffalo (11/16) in the first quarter with a right shoulder injury after being sacked by Bills linebacker Jeff Posey…Injury caused him to be inactive vs. New England (11/23), not start vs. Atlanta (11/30), be inactive at Jacksonville (12/7) and not play at Tampa Bay (12/14).
    - As a rookie in 2002, started all 16 games and participated in every offensive snap…Completed 233 of 444 passes (52.5 percent) for 2,592 yards, 9 nine touchdowns and 15 interceptions for a passer rating of 62.8…His 2,592 passing yards were the 2nd-most for a rookie quarterback on an expansion team in NFL history behind the 2,717 by Kerry Collins of Carolina in 1995…Rushed for 282 yards and 3 touchdowns on 59 carries…Earned all-rookie honors from Pro Football Weekly…Sacked an NFL-record 76 times.

8. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Carr. Thanks. Pretty decent backup with some good starting experience. Hopefully we don't need to see him though.

Also, if anyone has K. Boss on their fantasy team, start him from here on out. He should be seeing more than his share of passes.

9. Stooonne

Stooonne Well-Known Member

Washington needs more help than the Eagles do. The Eagles win out and have Atlanta lose just one game or more they are in. Even if Washington wins out, they need Atlanta and Dallas to lose a game to get in.

Washington can win out, have Atlanta lose a game, and STILL miss the playoffs. Or Washington can win out, have Dallas lose a game, and STILL miss the playoffs.

They are relying on too much help, aside from the fact they haven't been playing well at all recently.

I wish I lived close to you guys, because I would definitely be willing to put a round of golf on Washington missing the playoffs :p

EDIT: That being said, Pa Jayhawk...I'm willing to root for Dallas and Atlanta to go down in flames this weekend:D

10. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

I could really care less. I just want the Redskins to make it because a) the Giants totally have thier number and b) the Skins are my BIL's team... like to see the Gmen smash them in the playoffs.

11. Pa Jayhawk

The fat lady is singing in Washington...

12. Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer Golfer on hiatus. Supporting Member

United States United States

That's not singing, it's Ez poking her in the rump.:laugh:

13. JEFF4i

JEFF4i She lives! Supporting Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!

BAM!!!!

14. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Get outta here. Start an AFC thread, you guys got slapped around by the NFC.

Seriously though. My sleeper pick to sneak into the Superbowl... Carolina Panthers. Right now I fear them and only them along the Giants road to the Superbowl.

15. JEFF4i

Slapped around? You tokin up boy?

Your Giants won a great game, but only be 7. I still stand by really bad calls, even though we still lost the game, against the Eagles. Our defense chewed apart the Cowboys and the Redskins.

That said, I'm rooting for the Cowboys, my sister's boyfriend is a huge fan and so was my grandma. I think that this is a game that the Giants will be judged by, the Cowboys have to win, and coming off the loss last week, let's see how the Giants recoup.

As expected, its turning out to be a great conference. Both the Cowboys and Eagles need to win out to have a chance, thing is, coming up on Week 17, only one can do it if they get there. Great football here, even with the deplorable officiating.

16. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

The game they will be judged by? This game means nothing to them. Thanks to the Cowboys blowing a 10point lead to you guys last week they will sit home 1st round. Only question now is whether they win tonight and lock #1 seed or have to play Carolina for it next week. They are saving Jacobs for the playoffs. He has some BS knee injury. He'd be playing tonight if it really meant anything.

17. Pa Jayhawk

I had thought for a long time that it would be NYG and Pitt in the Superbowl. I am starting to have questions about NYG now. Carolina would be my second choice, and are starting to inch closer and closer to my first choice with the Giants recent performance. Can't seem to get many points on the board any more. That Week 16 game should answer a lot of questions, as if the Panthers should walking into NY and win the game, it would also mean that for all intensive purposes if they meet in the playoffs it would be in Carolina. Tall order to think they can win in Carolina if they can't win at home.

18. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    Without Jacobs they arent a threat on the run which means no set up for the pass. Their O line looked like shit, and they miss Plaxico as well. The Giants are starting to look very average imo.

19. JEFF4i

That's what I'm saying, and I understand what Ezra was saying about these games not mattering quite as much, but that is why they can matter so much, in a way. Their play was below average, was below practiced. They got thrashed by both the Eagles and the Cowboys, and from personal experience with the Steelers, even if it doesn't matter, it still does(look at 2002 for us).

My pick this year for the Superbowl? I'm going to say Cowboys or Panthers, I see the Boys needing to win out and Romo finally getting there in a fairybook tale, or the Panthers just doing what they do. AFC? Steelers, but I'm biased, so other than them? Let's go with Colts or Dolphins, Dolphins an upset and crazyness!

I'll update once we see the game setups.

20. mddubya

mddubya Hybrid convert

Did anyone else see Romo crying as he walked off the field and on the side line? What a wuss. Steve DeBerg played almost a whole season with a shattered thumb in a steel cage holding it together. Romo missed 6 games with a pinky, and then cried when he got kneed in the back last night, :laugh: