1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFC East

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by JEFF4i, Oct 30, 2008.

1. JEFF4i

JEFF4i She lives! Supporting Member

You bite your tongue! He was crying because he knew he couldn't serve Jessica the shocker after that, and knew he'd be missing out on the real action for a few weeks. That said, while I like Romo, he doesn't seem a touch...frail. To a fault, Big Ben has essentially trashed himself, with the assistance of some defensive players, but can't get his meathead into getting healthy. That said, I still love the guy.

I'm rooting for Cowboys for the rest of the season.

2. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is the Cowboys should beat the Giants in Dallas with no Jacobs, their season on the line. I said it what, week 1? Superbowl would be Cowboys/Steelers and Cowboys win. I didn't and don't expect the Giants to repeat. They've been giving up big plays since day 1. The defense needs to win games for them, the offense has never been superior. They do need to regroup now and get some momentum though. They need to bring it defensively against Carolina.

3. JEFF4i

We'll see. Who's looking stronger right now? Cowboys, or Panthers?

4. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Cowboys. Panthers beat TB but also were beat by them already this year. They have had a fairly weak schedule and only have to play an NFC East team once, the Giants. The Eagles, Giants or Cowboys would have cleaned house in that division... it's just weaker. Problem is that in the East, they have beat each other up too much. The Eagles and Cowboys both will not make it, although both are possibly better than every other team that is going to make it.

5. JEFF4i

I disagree. I think Philly is going to have a heck of a time, but I also think that the Cowboys can do it. Problem is, both teams need to win out.

Philly plays the Browns tonight, which they should win. Next week the Redskins, which they also should win, but might not.

Cowboys beat the Giants, and with that momentum will be playing the Ravens who just lost on Thursday Night Football. This being the case, if the Cowboys beat the Ravens, they should stand a fantastic chance against the Eagles. Why? Eagles game will be one of the harder, in all probability, next week. Cowboys, if they can get another rally win, will be sitting great with a week and a half for rest, but still have momentum.

My predictions? I think that tie might kill or save the Eagles. Let's say they win tonight and next Sunday, that puts them at 9-5-1. That said, the only way they stand a chance is if Eagles win on their week 17 game. If they can finish at 10-5-1 I think they can make playoffs. So, why does that tie help? The Bucs are facing a Chargers team that also needs to win to stay possibly alive, which means a lot. Now the Chargers have been weak this year, but who knows? The Falcons are playing a Vikings team next week that are looking to clinch, and have the team setup right now to do it, having just crushed the Cardinals. So if the Bucs or the Falcons lose, which is likely, they stand a great chance. The best they can finish this is 10-6, which isn't as good as 10-5-1. :)

Still, I think the Cowboys and Eagles meet up trying to get their playoff spot for each, and Cowboys win it.

**EDIT**

My predictions?

NFC East: Giants of course
    NFC North: Vikings
    NFC South: Panthers
    NFC West: Cardinals of course

Wild Cards: Bucs/Cowboys

6. Stooonne

Stooonne Well-Known Member

I'm making the trip to Fedex Field this sunday from Philadelphia, going to be wearing a Westbrook jersey (and not the little brother).

Should be an exciting one.

7. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Cowboys lose? Ouch, that one hurt.

Tonight... Carolina runs... right into a freight train. [​IMG] Giants destroy Carolina 31-10, you heard it here.

8. Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer Golfer on hiatus. Supporting Member

United States United States
    Wow do the Eagles ever suck!

9. Pa Jayhawk

Pa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

... and it took the 'Skins to no longer be a contender to finally look like a contender. :D

I think their Defense was great today, but I think their Punter won that game for them. I don't think I ever thought that about a punter since watching Bucky Scribner when MVP in most of the KU games back in the early 80's, and prior to going onto the Packers. Guess I don't need to say much about KU's team then, when their Punter was usually their MVP.

10. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Man the Giants look like crap. It's looking to me like they won their last game this year 3weeks ago. The keep this up it'll be week off and then lay down for whoever they play 2nd round. They are heavily in need of a big play defensively or special teams.

11. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

28 all. Now we got a ballgame!! [​IMG]

12. JEFF4i

Great game, all accounted for.

13. Pa Jayhawk

... just about the time you started using that Avatar. You cursed them
    :biglol:

14. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

I had to post that to get them back in the game. [​IMG]

Statement, who wanted statement? How bout running the ball down the whole GD field in OT for TD? I don't remember the last time I saw an OT end in a TD. As fans, we got our $$'s worth out of that game.

15. Boulder

Boulder The Boulder is rolling

going ... going ... gone ...

E-A-G-L-E-S ...

16. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Eagles were like Jekyll and Hyde this year. Actually, you could say that about whole NFC East. Eagles and Cowboys have had games you say "damn, they looking like one of the best teams in the NFL". Let's not forget the start of this thread. It was looking like this division would dominate and took a little while for anyone outside the division to hand anyone of them a loss.

Let's face it, any of the NFC East teams would have won the West, no problem.

17. Pa Jayhawk

Sadly they may all likely finish with a better record than the Cardinals and did not get to face the 49'ers, Seahawks and Rams twice. They could conceivably lose their last 6 games and still make the playoffs. Wonder what their odds are to win the Super Bowl. :D

18. Wi-Golfer

Holy crap!! I thought Romo & company would put up a better fight thatn this. 4 fumbles lost so far to go with the 1 int.

19. Clugnut

Clugnut Gimme some roombas!

I'm throughly enjoying the convicts, er, Cowboys, getting their asses kicked. Nice return, Pac-Man.

20. Wi-Golfer

You would think Jerry Jones would have learned from Dan Snyder that hiring a team of mercenaries & thugs won't get you a Superbowl ring? Plus Romo has really turned into what I would consider a sub par quarterback. Maybe he's the next Don Majkowski?