• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFC East

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Slapped around? You tokin up boy?

Your Giants won a great game, but only be 7. I still stand by really bad calls, even though we still lost the game, against the Eagles. Our defense chewed apart the Cowboys and the Redskins.

That said, I'm rooting for the Cowboys, my sister's boyfriend is a huge fan and so was my grandma. I think that this is a game that the Giants will be judged by, the Cowboys have to win, and coming off the loss last week, let's see how the Giants recoup.

As expected, its turning out to be a great conference. Both the Cowboys and Eagles need to win out to have a chance, thing is, coming up on Week 17, only one can do it if they get there. Great football here, even with the deplorable officiating.

The game they will be judged by? This game means nothing to them. Thanks to the Cowboys blowing a 10point lead to you guys last week they will sit home 1st round. Only question now is whether they win tonight and lock #1 seed or have to play Carolina for it next week. They are saving Jacobs for the playoffs. He has some BS knee injury. He'd be playing tonight if it really meant anything.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Seriously though. My sleeper pick to sneak into the Superbowl... Carolina Panthers. Right now I fear them and only them along the Giants road to the Superbowl.
I had thought for a long time that it would be NYG and Pitt in the Superbowl. I am starting to have questions about NYG now. Carolina would be my second choice, and are starting to inch closer and closer to my first choice with the Giants recent performance. Can't seem to get many points on the board any more. That Week 16 game should answer a lot of questions, as if the Panthers should walking into NY and win the game, it would also mean that for all intensive purposes if they meet in the playoffs it would be in Carolina. Tall order to think they can win in Carolina if they can't win at home.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Without Jacobs they arent a threat on the run which means no set up for the pass. Their O line looked like shit, and they miss Plaxico as well. The Giants are starting to look very average imo.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Without Jacobs they arent a threat on the run which means no set up for the pass. Their O line looked like shit, and they miss Plaxico as well. The Giants are starting to look very average imo.

That's what I'm saying, and I understand what Ezra was saying about these games not mattering quite as much, but that is why they can matter so much, in a way. Their play was below average, was below practiced. They got thrashed by both the Eagles and the Cowboys, and from personal experience with the Steelers, even if it doesn't matter, it still does(look at 2002 for us).

My pick this year for the Superbowl? I'm going to say Cowboys or Panthers, I see the Boys needing to win out and Romo finally getting there in a fairybook tale, or the Panthers just doing what they do. AFC? Steelers, but I'm biased, so other than them? Let's go with Colts or Dolphins, Dolphins an upset and crazyness!

I'll update once we see the game setups.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Did anyone else see Romo crying as he walked off the field and on the side line? What a wuss. Steve DeBerg played almost a whole season with a shattered thumb in a steel cage holding it together. Romo missed 6 games with a pinky, and then cried when he got kneed in the back last night, :laugh:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Did anyone else see Romo crying as he walked off the field and on the side line? What a wuss. Steve DeBerg played almost a whole season with a shattered thumb in a steel cage holding it together. Romo missed 6 games with a pinky, and then cried when he got kneed in the back last night, :laugh:

You bite your tongue! He was crying because he knew he couldn't serve Jessica the shocker after that, and knew he'd be missing out on the real action for a few weeks. That said, while I like Romo, he doesn't seem a touch...frail. To a fault, Big Ben has essentially trashed himself, with the assistance of some defensive players, but can't get his meathead into getting healthy. That said, I still love the guy.

I'm rooting for Cowboys for the rest of the season.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The bottom line is the Cowboys should beat the Giants in Dallas with no Jacobs, their season on the line. I said it what, week 1? Superbowl would be Cowboys/Steelers and Cowboys win. I didn't and don't expect the Giants to repeat. They've been giving up big plays since day 1. The defense needs to win games for them, the offense has never been superior. They do need to regroup now and get some momentum though. They need to bring it defensively against Carolina.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The bottom line is the Cowboys should beat the Giants in Dallas with no Jacobs, their season on the line. I said it what, week 1? Superbowl would be Cowboys/Steelers and Cowboys win. I didn't and don't expect the Giants to repeat. They've been giving up big plays since day 1. The defense needs to win games for them, the offense has never been superior. They do need to regroup now and get some momentum though. They need to bring it defensively against Carolina.

We'll see. Who's looking stronger right now? Cowboys, or Panthers?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
We'll see. Who's looking stronger right now? Cowboys, or Panthers?

Cowboys. Panthers beat TB but also were beat by them already this year. They have had a fairly weak schedule and only have to play an NFC East team once, the Giants. The Eagles, Giants or Cowboys would have cleaned house in that division... it's just weaker. Problem is that in the East, they have beat each other up too much. The Eagles and Cowboys both will not make it, although both are possibly better than every other team that is going to make it.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Cowboys. Panthers beat TB but also were beat by them already this year. They have had a fairly weak schedule and only have to play an NFC East team once, the Giants. The Eagles, Giants or Cowboys would have cleaned house in that division... it's just weaker. Problem is that in the East, they have beat each other up too much. The Eagles and Cowboys both will not make it, although both are possibly better than every other team that is going to make it.

I disagree. I think Philly is going to have a heck of a time, but I also think that the Cowboys can do it. Problem is, both teams need to win out.

Philly plays the Browns tonight, which they should win. Next week the Redskins, which they also should win, but might not.

Cowboys beat the Giants, and with that momentum will be playing the Ravens who just lost on Thursday Night Football. This being the case, if the Cowboys beat the Ravens, they should stand a fantastic chance against the Eagles. Why? Eagles game will be one of the harder, in all probability, next week. Cowboys, if they can get another rally win, will be sitting great with a week and a half for rest, but still have momentum.

My predictions? I think that tie might kill or save the Eagles. Let's say they win tonight and next Sunday, that puts them at 9-5-1. That said, the only way they stand a chance is if Eagles win on their week 17 game. If they can finish at 10-5-1 I think they can make playoffs. So, why does that tie help? The Bucs are facing a Chargers team that also needs to win to stay possibly alive, which means a lot. Now the Chargers have been weak this year, but who knows? The Falcons are playing a Vikings team next week that are looking to clinch, and have the team setup right now to do it, having just crushed the Cardinals. So if the Bucs or the Falcons lose, which is likely, they stand a great chance. The best they can finish this is 10-6, which isn't as good as 10-5-1. :)

Still, I think the Cowboys and Eagles meet up trying to get their playoff spot for each, and Cowboys win it.

**EDIT**

My predictions?

NFC East: Giants of course
NFC North: Vikings
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Cardinals of course

Wild Cards: Bucs/Cowboys

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
I'm making the trip to Fedex Field this sunday from Philadelphia, going to be wearing a Westbrook jersey (and not the little brother).

Should be an exciting one.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Cowboys lose? Ouch, that one hurt.

Tonight... Carolina runs... right into a freight train.
icon10.gif
Giants destroy Carolina 31-10, you heard it here.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Wow do the Eagles ever suck!
... and it took the 'Skins to no longer be a contender to finally look like a contender. :D

I think their Defense was great today, but I think their Punter won that game for them. I don't think I ever thought that about a punter since watching Bucky Scribner when MVP in most of the KU games back in the early 80's, and prior to going onto the Packers. Guess I don't need to say much about KU's team then, when their Punter was usually their MVP.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Man the Giants look like crap. It's looking to me like they won their last game this year 3weeks ago. The keep this up it'll be week off and then lay down for whoever they play 2nd round. They are heavily in need of a big play defensively or special teams.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.