• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL baby!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Rule says it is.

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states: “No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction."

That didn't happen. So, like usual, you are wrong.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Rule also says you have to immediately let go if you do grab it. He didn't need to let go because he didn't grab it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Is there a definition for grasp? If not(and i'm not aware of one) then touching it counts. He obviously did touch it. He did NOT release the face mask before turning it. Face mask.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You can't touch the quarterback's facemask at all, but by that time in the play he wasn't a QB anymore. So the rule switches to a regular runner's rule which states "grabbing and holding onto... etc"

He never grabbed it. His thumb hit it. Not a facemask by any definition.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Is there a definition for grasp? If not(and i'm not aware of one) then touching it counts. He obviously did touch it. He did NOT release the face mask before turning it. Face mask.
He didn't turn the face mask. Rogers head followed his own shoulder as that was being turned.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You can't touch the quarterback's facemask at all, but by that time in the play he wasn't a QB anymore. So the rule switches to a regular runner's rule which states "grabbing and holding onto... etc"

He never grabbed it. His thumb hit it. Not a facemask by any definition.
When exactly does a quarterback change to a runner?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Ok...I still see the thumb grasping the face mask and turning the helmet. You can't turn the helmet without some sort of grasp. Still a legitimate face mask IMO.
You most certainly can turn a helmet without grasping it, by swiping at it with your thumb. Which is what happened.

I feel like I'm being trolled.

🔥 Latest posts