• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL baby!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Asinine non call in that Texans/Lion game. What a stupid ass rule that the coach throws a challenge flag and ends up getting penalized 15 yds and the call somehow becomes unreviewable.
Yeah, I don't understand that rule. There are so many little things in the rule book you would never dream of, these refs have a tough job.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lions got robbed, Cowboys ran into RG3, and the Jets... For God's sake when will they ever fire Rex and send his titty boy Sanchez with him. That team needs some Tebow action, everyone knows it including Rex and he wont let it happen because Tebow will rally that team in such a way that undermines Rex. I'm not saying they would've won, but c'mon man.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
4-12= high draft pick= Matt Barclay?
At 1-15, the Chiefs should have the first draft pick. It would be great to see them find a QB. Barclay has been up and down and is now injured.
We were talking, yesterday, about the anamoly of rookie QB's this year. Luck and RGIII have been awesome. The youngster... I'm not going to try to spell his name... the Niners have is another. Top round QB draft picks don't always pan out. Linehart, etc., all the way back to the likes of Todd Blackledge.
If the Chiefs follow protocol, they'll draft a player projected to go in the 10th round as the first pick. They think if they draft someone way down the line, they won't have to pay the big bucks to sign someone anticipated as a first round pick. Cheap... cheap.... cheap....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yeah, I don't understand that rule. There are so many little things in the rule book you would never dream of, these refs have a tough job.
Daughter over last night, all fired up. Says the commentators were talking that this rule could be used more, now that the coaches understand it. If the opposing team scores and a bogus call on the field says the runner stepped out of bounds, etc. and takes the TD off the scoreboard, the coach could toss an "illegal flag" and prevent review. You are penalized the 15 yards, but the opposing team doesn't get the obvious TD.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Daughter over last night, all fired up. Says the commentators were talking that this rule could be used more, now that the coaches understand it. If the opposing team scores and a bogus call on the field says the runner stepped out of bounds, etc. and takes the TD off the scoreboard, the coach could toss an "illegal flag" and prevent review. You are penalized the 15 yards, but the opposing team doesn't get the obvious TD.

If the call on the field is no TD, runner out of bounds, the Play is eligible to be challenged.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Surprised the Niners started Kaepernick, should be interesting!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That's the price for sucking....
While not in the category of Brees, Brady etc, you can hardly say he sucks. He's competing 70% if his passes and very few turnovers.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Oh boy did my Pack stink up the joint or what.
O line was terrible. D line was terrible.

Lots of pressure on Rodgers. Almost no pressure on Manning.

Almost impossible to win like that. At least that's my take from watching the first half and going to bed. Was up since 5 hunting and tired. It seems the defence played only marginally better the second half only allowing 7 points.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Not the best i've ever seen, but all is well in Packerland for right now. All they need to do is beat the Bears next week and the NFC North is theirs... as it should be.

🔥 Latest posts