• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL baby!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I totally think Alex Smith needs to come back.
He'll be back next year in Arizona or with the Jets.

I gotta admit, I wasn't sure about the change to Kaepernick, looks like Harbaugh knows what he's doing after all!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Mark Sanchez is terrible
And the shit of it is Rex wont leave his side. Why the feck is Tebow not playing? I really hope Tebow goes to Jax next year as the starter and face of the team. I guarantee if that happens there will be a turnaround for the Jags. Tebow is not the ultimate passer, but he has a skillset and quality that not a lot of people can bring.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And the **** of it is Rex wont leave his side. Why the feck is Tebow not playing? I really hope Tebow goes to Jax next year as the starter and face of the team. I guarantee if that happens there will be a turnaround for the Jags. Tebow is not the ultimate passer, but he has a skillset and quality that not a lot of people can bring.

What a sad display of football. Tennesee isn't that good, but compared to the Jets....

I would like to see Tebow actually get a real chance, have a team take him and let him run the offense they ran in Florida and Denver. I don't understand why the Jets traded for him? That move is lost on me.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
What a sad display of football. Tennesee isn't that good, but compared to the Jets....

I would like to see Tebow actually get a real chance, have a team take him and let him run the offense they ran in Florida and Denver. I don't understand why the Jets traded for him? That move is lost on me.
The same reason they took Favre... for some trade value the next year. No intention of keeping I don't think.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
And the **** of it is Rex wont leave his side. Why the feck is Tebow not playing? I really hope Tebow goes to Jax next year as the starter and face of the team. I guarantee if that happens there will be a turnaround for the Jags. Tebow is not the ultimate passer, but he has a skillset and quality that not a lot of people can bring.

Teabow sucks even worse than Sanchez. The only reason he won on Denver was because Denvers defense is completely underrated, and kept the score so low any TD would do to win a game. Against the Steelers they were just too confident about winning the game and that's why they lost, but its more an anecdote than a real show of skill (like the Vikings killing the Niners this year, it doesn't make Minnesota a better team). Sanchez is not out because they paid huge guaranteed money for him ($8 million next year), so its too much to throw away without a real performance enhance which is not Tebow for sure. That's the reason why they tried to get Manning in the off-season without resigning Sanchez, and only when he went to Denver they extended Sanchez contract. Teabow will get to JAcksonville just as marketing material (they aren't filling the stadium, so they need a comercial pump), but not because he will manage in anyway to make things better, except for the fact Jones-Drew would have a little more space if the defense has to focus on two runners instead of one...

And Alex Smith had good numbers because the O-Line just game him the time of his life. Even Rex Grosman would have completed 70% of his passes with so much time on his ands. A good QB in his position would just kill any game. If the Niners had a Brees or Rodgers, or someone with a powerful arm and sharp shooting, the NFL would become the most boring league ever with the 8-time consecutive Niners SuiperBowls they would win. As I said before a thousand times, the Niners are just a QB from a SB win, and Smith just wasn't the guy. His coach knew so, so when he got the first "viable option" to change him, he didn't hesitate on doing so...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Teabow sucks even worse than Sanchez. The only reason he won on Denver was because Denvers defense is completely underrated, and kept the score so low any TD would do to win a game. Against the Steelers they were just too confident about winning the game and that's why they lost, but its more an anecdote than a real show of skill (like the Vikings killing the Niners this year, it doesn't make Minnesota a better team). Sanchez is not out because they paid huge guaranteed money for him ($8 million next year), so its too much to throw away without a real performance enhance which is not Tebow for sure. That's the reason why they tried to get Manning in the off-season without resigning Sanchez, and only when he went to Denver they extended Sanchez contract. Teabow will get to JAcksonville just as marketing material (they aren't filling the stadium, so they need a comercial pump), but not because he will manage in anyway to make things better, except for the fact Jones-Drew would have a little more space if the defense has to focus on two runners instead of one...

And Alex Smith had good numbers because the O-Line just game him the time of his life. Even Rex Grosman would have completed 70% of his passes with so much time on his ands. A good QB in his position would just kill any game. If the Niners had a Brees or Rodgers, or someone with a powerful arm and sharp shooting, the NFL would become the most boring league ever with the 8-time consecutive Niners SuiperBowls they would win. As I said before a thousand times, the Niners are just a QB from a SB win, and Smith just wasn't the guy. His coach knew so, so when he got the first "viable option" to change him, he didn't hesitate on doing so...
You can say Tebow only won because this or that, but i'll stick with he's a winner. That steelers theory is crap. Tebow beat them with a home run. I would better describe it as the Steelers didn't know what hit them. If the only reason Tebow won in Denver was the defense then why wasn't Orton winning? Tebow came in and they started winning. You are right about one thing... Jones Drew will have more room and that's just part of what Tebow brings like I was talking about.

I want Alex Smith to come back so they'll lose and the Pack can take the 2'nd seed.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
You can say Tebow only won because this or that, but i'll stick with he's a winner. That steelers theory is crap. Tebow beat them with a home run. I would better describe it as the Steelers didn't know what hit them. If the only reason Tebow won in Denver was the defense then why wasn't Orton winning? Tebow came in and they started winning. You are right about one thing... Jones Drew will have more room and that's just part of what Tebow brings like I was talking about.

I want Alex Smith to come back so they'll lose and the Pack can take the 2'nd seed.

So you really think the Broncos where a better team than the Steelers last year?
Again it was just a lucky shot. Rex Grossman had a 9-0 start with the Bears on the SB year and that doesn't make him a good QB at all... Peyton Manning didn't have ONE WIN in his Rookie year, but I think he is not the average "loser" is him?

Orton lost three games just one field goal behind, and two of those where due to missed FG by their own kicker. Teabow won for less than three points in four games. It really isn't much of a difference but rather a defense and o-line calibrated after the first 3-4 games when Teabow appeared. That's the reason why with a real QB like Manning they are the top seed of the AFC behind the Texans and not 8-8 winning the conference on a three-way tie (and almost four since the Chiefs were left 7-9) on the suckiest conference in all the NFL. That is a perfect stat to understand the team was already there and why Manning chose to play for Denver since it was already a complete SB contender team but for the QB. Teabow was just a big media hype with no real results on the board. Its easy to get distracted by what you hear, but when you go down to numbers and realise he was crushed by every decent team with a decent offense (Lions, Patriots, even the sucking Bills) which managed to get some points on the board, they where just left way behind. Being the 31st passing offense on a 32 team championship isn't considered a "winning" or good performance you know... specially when you have 12TD and 13 lost balls, a QB rating of 29.9 and less than 48% of pass completion...

There is a reason why Sanchez sucks so bad but still its a better alternative to the ex-gator..

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
So you really think the Broncos where a better team than the Steelers last year?
Again it was just a lucky shot. Rex Grossman had a 9-0 start with the Bears on the SB year and that doesn't make him a good QB at all... Peyton Manning didn't have ONE WIN in his Rookie year, but I think he is not the average "loser" is him?

Orton lost three games just one field goal behind, and two of those where due to missed FG by their own kicker. Teabow won for less than three points in four games. It really isn't much of a difference but rather a defense and o-line calibrated after the first 3-4 games when Teabow appeared. That's the reason why with a real QB like Manning they are the top seed of the AFC behind the Texans and not 8-8 winning the conference on a three-way tie (and almost four since the Chiefs were left 7-9) on the suckiest conference in all the NFL. That is a perfect stat to understand the team was already there and why Manning chose to play for Denver since it was already a complete SB contender team but for the QB. Teabow was just a big media hype with no real results on the board. Its easy to get distracted by what you hear, but when you go down to numbers and realise he was crushed by every decent team with a decent offense (Lions, Patriots, even the sucking Bills) which managed to get some points on the board, they where just left way behind. Being the 31st passing offense on a 32 team championship isn't considered a "winning" or good performance you know... specially when you have 12TD and 13 lost balls, a QB rating of 29.9 and less than 48% of pass completion...

There is a reason why Sanchez sucks so bad but still its a better alternative to the ex-gator..

Obviously Denver was better than Pitt last year, they beat them in the playoffs. Peyton Manning not winning one game in his rookie season is exactly why judgement on Tebow cannot be made and finalized yet. Football is a game of inches as they say and the fact is Tebow picked up the inches that Orton could not. Tebow doesn't play defense against other great QB's so how can he alone take the blame for Denver losing to them? Denver would've outright owned that division if Tebow had played all year like he should've. Mark my words... should he land in Jax, they will improve as will he. I've already conceded that he, so far, is not a good passer. He is much more of a football player than a lot of guys in the league though. HARD worker and smart. Given the right chance, he will be a force in the NFL.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I admit, I wasn't sold on the move to Kaepernick at first. I am starting to come around though, he has led the team to 3 good wins this year against the Bears (when we thought they were good), against NO (when we thought they still had a chance) and the Pats (who will be in the Super Bowl for the AFC).

The kid has a cannon. Tebow will go to Jacksonville and that team will win 9 games next year, you heard it here first.

Vick goes to Arizona and they still suck. Alex Smith to the Jets and they contend again. He is the perfect QB for Rex Ryan.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.