• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL baby!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
And the Broncos got banged up and looked like poo today. :(
Gee, those pats still looked real good...
CefuRCa.jpg

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Glad my Texans benched Fitzpatrick. Ryan Mallet actually looks and plays like he belongs in the NFL... not some paul bunyan lookin dude from Harvard.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I know there are guys who have oodles of stats better than Joe Montana, but for my money no QB is better. Brady is the closest I have seen in the last 25 yrs.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I know there are guys who have oodles of stats better than Joe Montana, but for my money no QB is better. Brady is the closest I have seen in the last 25 yrs.
It pains me to say that too.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Agree. Montana didn't have the gaudy stats, but when he had to make a throw you could bank it.
I never saw joe play, and I live just outside of boston, so Tom Brady is all I've got. And he'll always be my "best ever"

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Rich Gannon was a journeyman and Tim Brown is in the hall of fame...and you kinda just proved my point for me. ;)
No I didn't. If Rice had RGIII, David Carr, and Matt Leinhart throwing to him his whole career he wouldn't have near the numbers. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved watching Rice play, but it's my opinion that a receiver needs a QB more than a QB needs a receiver. Name me Brady's receivers 2 years ago?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
No I didn't. If Rice had RGIII, David Carr, and Matt Leinhart throwing to him his whole career he wouldn't have near the numbers. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved watching Rice play, but it's my opinion that a receiver needs a QB more than a QB needs a receiver. Name me Brady's receivers 2 years ago?
Those guys all are nowhere near the level of QB's were talking about. I agree that a WR needs a QB more than a QB needs a WR. But when we're talking about GOAT, Montana is in the conversation but for me not at the top and it's because of questions like your last. If a QB is great despite mediocre talent for an entire career then they deserve the title of GOAT. Doing more with less.

2 years ago...Edelman, Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez...and I'm not a Pats fan.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Those guys all are nowhere near the level of QB's were talking about. I agree that a WR needs a QB more than a QB needs a WR. But when we're talking about GOAT, Montana is in the conversation but for me not at the top and it's because of questions like your last. If a QB is great despite mediocre talent for an entire career then they deserve the title of GOAT. Doing more with less.

2 years ago...Edelman, Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez...and I'm not a Pats fan.
Google is your friend.

:D

🔥 Latest posts