• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL Picks NEXT weekend - conference championships

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I got nothing for that.

Yep
This is what doesn't add up to me. Could they have deflated? Yes. Why didn't the refs notice?

Also, you can't tell me that the only Colts player in the first half to touch the ball was the guy that intercepted. I mean, there were a few incomplete passes. I don't recall, but I can't believe only one person noticed the whole first half.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
This is what doesn't add up to me. Could they have deflated? Yes. Why didn't the refs notice?

Also, you can't tell me that the only Colts player in the first half to touch the ball was the guy that intercepted. I mean, there were a few incomplete passes. I don't recall, but I can't believe only one person noticed the whole first half.
From what I heard and read the refs said they did notice and at half took the questionable balls out of play.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I'm in "so what" mode on this over-inflated drama (see what I just did there?). There has to be bigger issues than this for the NFL and the fans to fret over. BFD - the balls were under-inflated. Brady could have beaten the Colts with a bowling ball. Nothing to see her folks................move along. :rolleyes:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm in "so what" mode on this over-inflated drama (see what I just did there?). There has to be bigger issues than this for the NFL and the fans to fret over. BFD - the balls were under-inflated. Brady could have beaten the Colts with a bowling ball. Nothing to see her folks................move along. :rolleyes:
Kinda where I am. The one thing most people have agreed on is that it had 0 influence on the outcome of the game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Lots of things in this life more important that a couple of psi underinflated footballs. It's a non-issue the media is doing everything in their power to make something out of. If a fraction of the time spent doing forensic analysis on footballs, interviewing a few dozen people involved with the footballs, scaring up a plethora of "experts" to appear on television and radio programs was spent on medicine, taxes, ISIS, etc. we would be far better off. Athletics trumps anything and everything.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Funny how the media is eating this shit up but there's some shit I won't go into happening in Congress and the white house that they're oddly silent on.....
FIFY... But, not going there. The boy deployed again, yesterday. I make every attempt to stay out of any political discussion while he is somewhere across the ocean.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Lots of things in this life more important that a couple of psi underinflated footballs. It's a non-issue the media is doing everything in their power to make something out of. If a fraction of the time spent doing forensic analysis on footballs, interviewing a few dozen people involved with the footballs, scaring up a plethora of "experts" to appear on television and radio programs was spent on medicine, taxes, ISIS, etc. we would be far better off. Athletics trumps anything and everything.

That's why Brady laughed when he was first asked about it. He thought they were joking. I know Belichik isn't popular with the media, but I LOVE the way he snubs them when they ask stupid questions or try to spin up drama over minutia.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
We all know someone like the Patriots organization. That guy that is always looking to skirt the rules. It may not be illegal, but it is questionable ethically.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We all know someone like the Patriots organization. That guy that is always looking to skirt the rules. It may not be illegal, but it is questionable ethically.
Is this similar to the "spirit of the rule" BS? I never understood that. If you want to make a rule make a rule. Don't throw spirit of the rule in there too, or even worse unwritten rules. F those too.

Other than spy gate, not sure anybody can accuse the Pats of cheating. Belicek was pretty stern in his denial. Brady hasn't ever done anything other than be classy. So, I'll take them at their word.

Like I said, it had zero affect on the game. And I hate the Pats, so no fanboy here.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Is this similar to the "spirit of the rule" BS? I never understood that. If you want to make a rule make a rule. Don't throw spirit of the rule in there too, or even worse unwritten rules. F those too.

Other than spy gate, not sure anybody can accuse the Pats of cheating. Belicek was pretty stern in his denial. Brady hasn't ever done anything other than be classy. So, I'll take them at their word.

Like I said, it had zero affect on the game. And I hate the Pats, so no fanboy here.

Every rule/law has some degree of spirit to it, since it is impossible to put everything in writing.

I think of it like this: I look at what the rules say and abide by them. Other folks, like the Patriots, look at what the rules DON'T say and look for a way to exploit it to their advantage.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Every rule/law has some degree of spirit to it, since it is impossible to put everything in writing.

I think of it like this: I look at what the rules say and abide by them. Other folks, like the Patriots, look at what the rules DON'T say and look for a way to exploit it to their advantage.
Doesn't make it unethical or immoral though. And there still isn't any proof that the Pats cheated-spy gate aside of course.

Staff online

Members online