• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL Picks NEXT weekend - conference championships

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I hate the Pats but Brady is Captain America and the closest the new generation has to Montana.
That and he has way more to lose by deflating than he could ever gain.

He doesn't strike me as a compulsive liar or a sociopath. Did you see his press conference? Near tears and obviously uncomfortable with the accusation he cheated.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Brady has never been the Captain Comeback type of Quarterback. Montana WAS Captain Comeback and his greatest moments came during crunch time.
I think he was referring to winning. Brady has 3. Only Montana and Bradshaw have more.

I hate to say it because I'm a HUGE Montana guy, but Brady is the closest I've seen.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Yep, that's what I was going with. We've had some debates back and forth on the GOAT. I think Peyton is the best REGULAR season QB of all time and Montana is the most clutch and Playoff QB of all time and Brady is getting close to Cool Joe.

I still think Montana had more help but you still have to make all the throws and he certainly did that!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I hate the Pats but Brady is Captain America and the closest this new generation has to Montana.

I think he was referring to winning. Brady has 3. Only Montana and Bradshaw have more.

I hate to say it because I'm a HUGE Montana guy, but Brady is the closest I've seen.

I disagree, Brady has never been the game winning drive type of quarterback. That was what Montana was all about. I guess if you were only looking at rings...

Brady does not have a history of doing well when the lights shine brightest. He has been very fortunate to have a good situation. Plays in a weak division, has had continuity at the head coach position, had good talent around him most of the time.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Brady has never been the Captain Comeback type of Quarterback. Montana WAS Captain Comeback and his greatest moments came during crunch time.
Actually the more I think of it, the more deflategate does to separate Montana and Brady.

If Brady wins you can make a legit case that Brady is the best of all time. This is the biggest reason I have a hard time rooting for the Pats.

Do I root for the Pats and Brady to have a legit shot of being the GOAT? Or do I root or the Seachickens who, other than Wilson, come across a D-bags and are a major rival for the Niners. No win situation here for me.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I disagree, Brady has never been the game winning drive type of quarterback. That was what Montana was all about. I guess if you were only looking at rings...

Brady does not have a history of doing well when the lights shine brightest. He has been very fortunate to have a good situation. Plays in a weak division, has had continuity at the head coach position, had good talent around him most of the time.
I see where you're coming from but Brady IMO is clutch, not as clutch as Joe, but clutch nonetheless. Joe had ice water in his veins.

If the Pats win next Sunday, for me it's cemented. Montana 1a and Brady 1b.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Actually the more I think of it, the more deflategate does to separate Montana and Brady.

If Brady wins you can make a legit case that Brady is the best of all time. This is the biggest reason I have a hard time rooting for the Pats.

Do I root for the Pats and Brady to have a legit shot of being the GOAT? Or do I root or the Seachickens who, other than Wilson, come across a D-bags and are a major rival for the Niners. No win situation here for me.
This^^^

Broken leg or broken leg for me.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I see where you're coming from but Brady IMO Brady is clutch, not as clutch as Joe, but clutch nonetheless. Joe had ice water in his veins.

If the Pats win next Sunday, for me it's cemented. Montana 1a and Brady 1b.
Nothing beats the story of Joe in the huddle at the SB, about to lead a game winning drive. Points out John Candy on the stands. Legendary.

🔥 Latest posts