• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL Picks this weekend?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Going to be interesting in our area. The local CBS station and our cable provider are in a snit over fees. So, we've not had any CBS for about 10 days... and still don't. Anyone on Cox Cable in our area won't be able to get the Colts/Broncos game. I would imagine the cable company's switchboard will be pretty busy.

Seems every January, we go without the CBS station for a couple of weeks while they and Cox work through negoitiations. Thsi go around, the cable system will take it on the chin. I already know of two who have cancelled their cable and are moving to U-Verse. Would more will cancel tomorrow, once they realize the game can't be seen today. We get excellent service from Cox and don't get really worked up over missing a station for a few days.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Going to be interesting in our area. The local CBS station and our cable provider are in a snit over fees. So, we've not had any CBS for about 10 days... and still don't. Anyone on Cox Cable in our area won't be able to get the Colts/Broncos game. I would imagine the cable company's switchboard will be pretty busy.

Seems every January, we go without the CBS station for a couple of weeks while they and Cox work through negoitiations. Thsi go around, the cable system will take it on the chin. I already know of two who have cancelled their cable and are moving to U-Verse. Would more will cancel tomorrow, once they realize the game can't be seen today. We get excellent service from Cox and don't get really worked up over missing a station for a few days.
I just saw an ad that Dish Network dropped Fox News and Fox is urging customers to contact Dish. Directv had an issue with AMC in the fall.

I'll leave my views of Fox News out of it. It amazes me that one of these TV companies hasn't figured out a way to have it so I can pick which channels I want. I watch like 10 channels but I get 40000.

I bet that would cut down on crap programming too.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I've got direct tv. Our local NBC station held out for a few days after the new year. I think a lot of people complained to both the station and Direct tv that they came to an agreement. It would have really sucked not to have NBC. I'm glad they got it back on air.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Well, I'm 3 for 4 so far, but picked Denver. Funny thing is, I'm not really upset Denver is losing now that I've seen PapaD in a Broncos jersey!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The horseys are showing some life.
Of the last 4-5 balls Peyton has thrown, I think 3 of them should have been picked off. His ball just floats now, is it really windy there today?

Members online

No members online now.