• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL so far

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The Pats are awesome and Brady is too. The Colts and Manning are looking good. Should be a super game of undefeated's. Now on to the Packers and Favre. Denver game said alot about this team (since they can never win in Denver) and if they beat Kansas City next week (also give the Packers fits) I'll call them a solid contender. Favre is something else. Their game plans this year are so much better then under Sherman. Dallas looks good. Giants still haven't shown me enough. And how about those Lions? So what's your take on things so far? :)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Brady is prolific. I really don't see a team beating them. Either half of their team (offense/defense) would make for a solid contender if paired with an average other-side. But combined... it's just ridiculous. Not only do you have to outscore a near-unstoppable offense, but you have to do it through a seriously nasty defense. The colts are good, but I really don't think they're this good. I see the standings like this.

1.) Patriots

2.) Colts

3-32.) Who cares?

Favre did great last night. The father of one of my ex girlfriends (who is a really nice guy, a golfer too!) was at the game. Big packers fan. I had money on the broncos but I was glad to see Favre throw a bomb like that to win the game. Her dad must've been going bananas. Or cheese, right? :)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
For the record my choice team is the Eagles. So I'm not a "patriots" fan. I don't really love the Eagles either. I like to watch good football. Right now that's the Pats, baby.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
The Pats are awesome and Brady is too. The Colts and Manning are looking good. Should be a super game of undefeated's. Now on to the Packers and Favre. Denver game said alot about this team (since they can never win in Denver) and if they beat Kansas City next week (also give the Packers fits) I'll call them a solid contender. Favre is something else. Their game plans this year are so much better then under Sherman. Dallas looks good. Giants still haven't shown me enough. And how about those Lions? So what's your take on things so far? :)

Might as well write off the Bungles this year. They're 2-5 after that loss to the Shitsburgh Cheaters. I don't like either Indy or New England, and well, go figure. And of course, good ol' Bill Belicheat...

I'm not having a good year. I've lost five in a row in fantasy football (despite leading in points), the Bungles are gone, Oakland is still pretty much at the bottom. Only bright spot is the Packers.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
What did you think of the NFL coming to the UK???

I hope it gains ground there. But I don't see it: some will see it as a watered down version of rugby, others are too busy watching soccer. Germany has a better chance of football, though.

fuzzyjr

Oct 17, 2007
The AFC is the only division worth a crap. NE and INDY are the best in the NFL. Shame they have to be in the AFC together. My predictions are Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl, if not Dallas then Green Bay. Either way who ever shows up loses by 48 to New England............. This year is boring.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It's not boring to watch a team score 48, 49, and 52 in three consecutive games. Unstoppable offenses are fun to watch

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
What did you think of the NFL coming to the UK???

Impressions... what the hell was up with the "pitch"?! I wasn't able to watch the game but did manage to catch the highlights; that field was in terrible condition. Is that condition normal for that field or were we just seeing a saturated field?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Being a Pats fan, its been a great season to watch. Watching the Pats offense is like watching someone play Madden on the easiest level; almost no mistakes, machine like offense. That being said, I still do not think anyone is going to go 16-0 this year. Obviously, after this weekend, there will only be one unbeaten left, but someone will beat whoever survives before the year is out. There is too much equality in the league for one team to run the table.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I disagree, ualtim. The Pats and Colts are in a different universe. I think that if the Patriots lose, it'll be because they stopped playing their starters once they're 14-0.

They're TOO good. They have NO weakness. They've barely needed to use their running game yet.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I also disagree.

The NE / Indy game will be the one game to watch this season. After that who will be able to beat the Patriots?

Bills?
Eagles?
Ravens?
Steelers?
Jets?
Dolphins?
Giants?

MAYBE the Steelers or the Giants will show up and make a game of it but I doubt it.

Look for the Patriots to steamroll all the way past the superbowl.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
G Men are coming so watch your backside.:laugh:

you really cant count the ugly game against Miami even though it was a win with the travel and poor conditions.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The AFC is the only division worth a crap. NE and INDY are the best in the NFL. Shame they have to be in the AFC together. My predictions are Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl, if not Dallas then Green Bay. Either way who ever shows up loses by 48 to New England............. This year is boring.

fuzzyjr

I totally disagree that the AFC is the only good division. Packers have beaten the Chargers, Broncos and the Chiefs this coming Sunday :)D). They've also beaten the Giants, Redskins and Eagles. The Lions are playing good ball and there's Dallas. New England is the best right now followed by Indy but they're not THAT much ahead of the top teams in the NFC. Who have they played that's that good? Tampa? Tennessee? Carolina? The Jets? Buffalo? The Bungals? The only good team they've thoroughly trounced was Dallas. Other then that no real toughies. There's a whole lot of games to be played and no one went undefeated last year. :)

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Impressions... what the hell was up with the "pitch"?! I wasn't able to watch the game but did manage to catch the highlights; that field was in terrible condition. Is that condition normal for that field or were we just seeing a saturated field?

That's how the pitch is designed to be, as it's just not made for the kind of abuse the NFL players put on it. The only sports stadium that would have a pitch that might have stood up to that kind of abuse would be Twickenham, the home of English Rugby Union, which is an amazing stadium that is ONLY used for rugby, but just isn't the same as saying the game is at Wembley.

Remember that Wembley is primarly a soccer stadium, and as such the pitch is laid to be perfectly smooth and slick for the ball to roll fast and straight on. The commentators actually summed it up perfectly when they said that the surface is more like a pristine golf course fairway than an American football field.

Members online

No members online now.