• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL Bigwigs Licking Their Chops

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Eastern Div standings....

Pittsburgh (and Sidney Crosby) #1

Washington (and Alexandre Ovechkin) #9

Imagine how much theyre going to push the Crosby vs. Ovechkin if the Caps can overtake the Bruins (that are 2 pts ahead of them) and grab that number 8 spot and Pitt holds off Montreal and the Devils to hangon to number 1?

On another note, if the Canucks screw themselves out of a playoff spot im guna cry, theyre 1 min away from a 5 game losing streak, most of which against Division opponents, and have 4 games left. They can win every game and still not make it, must have a loss from Nashville. I can't believe how badly theyre screwing the pooch here down the stretch... If they blow it, theres guna be a lot of questions to be answered in Vancouver this off season...:(

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Canes trashed Thrashers tonight!!

I was 6 rows off the ice Tuesday night for the Canes/Caps game...Ovechkin is unreal. He's like a hamster on speed he's so freakin' fast!!

I'd love to be center ice 10 back at a Pittsburgh/Washington game and watch those 2 go heads up.

I truly hope the Caps don't make it.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Canes trashed Thrashers tonight!!

I was 6 rows off the ice Tuesday night for the Canes/Caps game...Ovechkin is unreal. He's like a hamster on speed he's so freakin' fast!!

I'd love to be center ice 10 back at a Pittsburgh/Washington game and watch those 2 go heads up.

hey not cool..

C-A-P-S. CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!

ive been to alot of the caps home games this year, nosebleeds though but really dont care.

i have tickets to the April 3rd game versus the lightning, hopefully the caps are still in contention in that game, just to make it more interesting for me. They are on a roll recently, and if they didnt start absolutely horrid they would be much closed to Pittsburg.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
hey not cool..

C-A-P-S. CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!

ive been to alot of the caps home games this year, nosebleeds though but really dont care.

i have tickets to the April 3rd game versus the lightning, hopefully the caps are still in contention in that game, just to make it more interesting for me. They are on a roll recently, and if they didnt start absolutely horrid they would be much closed to Pittsburg.

Sorry, but you're our toughest division competition, sooo.... :ugly25:

Normally we sit dead center ice, 3rd level, 3 from the bottom...really great seats because you can see everything. But, twice this year I've picked up lower level seats just off the glass with premiere parking. Can't afford that level always, but once in a while it's nice.

Tuesday night was a fantastic game, even if we did lose the shoot out.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Sorry, but you're our toughest division competition, sooo.... :ugly25:

Normally we sit dead center ice, 3rd level, 3 from the bottom...really great seats because you can see everything. But, twice this year I've picked up lower level seats just off the glass with premiere parking. Can't afford that level always, but once in a while it's nice.

Tuesday night was a fantastic game, even if we did lose the shoot out.

fair enough. :)

as for the seats, i would love to experience that just one time. Ive sat up close at Nat's games, and Norfolk Tides as well as courtside at Wizards(which was phenomenal, right next to MJ) but never at a hockey game.

My father was actually a goalie in a french professional league, as well as a farm system team in the US. He had to give it up because of the wear and tear on his knees.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
MC- Dead serious, if you need somone to come to the game, pm me, ill give u my cell number.:D

I want to get a Canes game in before i leave this year,possibly a first round game or a last regular season game if i can make it. Its just tough getting into Raleigh... I wonder how much taxi would be...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
fair enough. :)

as for the seats, i would love to experience that just one time. Ive sat up close at Nat's games, and Norfolk Tides as well as courtside at Wizards(which was phenomenal, right next to MJ) but never at a hockey game.

My father was actually a goalie in a french professional league, as well as a farm system team in the US. He had to give it up because of the wear and tear on his knees.
Not being arrogant, but you've got to do it just once...it's just money. Make up your mind, find out the cost, set it aside and go. It's a different game from there.

I actually like the high seats better overall...it's easier to follow the action.

That's cool about your dad.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
MC- Dead serious, if you need somone to come to the game, pm me, ill give u my cell number.:D

I want to get a Canes game in before i leave this year,possibly a first round game or a last regular season game if i can make it. Its just tough getting into Raleigh... I wonder how much taxi would be...

Unless I get lucky and pick up 2 for April 4th (last game of the season), I'm done going this year. I am keeping my eyes peeled on the Canes website, however.

Oh, and after you got to Raleigh, you'd have to fight my wife for her ticket. IMHO you'd be safer trying to steal one of Rock's love sheep than trying to take her ticket!!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I can't think about hockey knowing my beloved leafs didn't make the playoffs.

The first words I heard this morning were "The Leaf's playoffs hopes were crushed last night..."

I rolled over and went back to sleep.

However, Ovechkin is crazy good. My sisters absolutely crazy over Crosby, drives me insane. I have been liking Colorado lately though, their team is looking better lately.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
As a package holder I had the chance to buy habs playoff pack. 1 game per round - at a crazy markup. $125 for the same seats I was paying $65 for in the regular season. I thought (very briefly) about it and decided to pass. I'm going to be down in Tampa for round 1 anyhow.... too bad they stink and aren't in the playoffs.

If for some reason they make it to the final I may have to dip into the college fund :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IMHO you'd be safer trying to steal one of Rock's love sheep than trying to take her ticket!!

If I can fight off a sheep, I can fight off your wife. :laugh:

Oilers had a chance last night and blew it. Well, that's it for me watching them this season.

R35

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Not being arrogant, but you've got to do it just once...it's just money. Make up your mind, find out the cost, set it aside and go. It's a different game from there.

I actually like the high seats better overall...it's easier to follow the action.

That's cool about your dad.

i agree, i will do it eventually. im in between jobs right now, with my next job starting this summer, so between school and ho'ing i dont have much money.

I am promising myself that next season i will do it for sure. And thats a promise. :)

and one thing about higher seats. I find it very easy to see the puck and see the action. You can see the weaving patterns and everything better than all the people that say they cant see squat from there. I guess it just depends on your vision.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You have a rough time that last OT Game? :)

Being the Caps fan that I am, I would love not only seeing them get in, but the thoughts of that series. Although they are running out of time, they now are also only 3 back on Philly who has played as many games. The Pengs and the Caps have had some very memorable series, although it seems the Caps have come out on the losing end more times that not. Including the one that is still very fresh in mind, and possibly one of the better hockey games I have ever seen, when Nedved put a wrist shot past Kolzig with 45 seconds remaining in the Fourth Overtime. Changed the entire series, which the Caps seemed to have handle on up to that game. One of two games the Caps have had that go down as the 10 longest games in NHL history. I remember watching the other as well, when Lafontaine scored for the Islanders back in '87.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You have a rough time that last OT Game? :)

Being the Caps fan that I am, I would love not only seeing them get in, but the thoughts of that series. Although they are running out of time, they now are also only 3 back on Philly who has played as many games. The Pengs and the Caps have had some very memorable series, although it seems the Caps have come out on the losing end more times that not. Including the one that is still very fresh in mind, and possibly one of the better hockey games I have ever seen, when Nedved put a wrist shot past Kolzig with 45 seconds remaining in the Fourth Overtime. Changed the entire series, which the Caps seemed to have handle on up to that game. One of two games the Caps have had that go down as the 10 longest games in NHL history. I remember watching the other as well, when Lafontaine scored for the Islanders back in '87.

Not really...it was a great game and we did manage 1 point.

Caps won, Canes lost tonight...makes Tuesday night a huge game for both of us!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Not really...it was a great game and we did manage 1 point.

Caps won, Canes lost tonight...makes Tuesday night a huge game for both of us!!
You didn't mention that they lost to the lowly Lightning. And I was there. Hahahahaha.

🔥 Latest posts