• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL Bigwigs Licking Their Chops

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I'm starting to really like the Caps odds. Ottawa has dropped 5 of their last 6, Philly plays Pit twice and NJ once. Anything can happen with Carolina or Boston. Washington has won 9 of 10 and get two teams on only a days rest after Carolina. In order to even tie any of these teams on points, it would also give them the tie-breaker (with exception to Carolina). Boston and Ottawa play the last game, which is perfect for Washington if they do not tie. It's starting to look like winning their last 2 could almost all but assure them a spot. It is actually looking as though if they do not get the division they could still have a reasonable chance at getting as high as 7.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
It could be worse for you, at least I didn't say they would have a reasonable chance at getting 6th, which is still a possibility. :D

Your forgetting that they can go as high as 3rd. If the caps beat out the canes,
then the caps will get the 3rd spot.

I agree though, knock on wood but its looking the the caps will make the playoffs.

btw- Huet has won 7 in a row.

and i have tickets to tomorrow nights game versus the lightning. Should be an excellent game. The verizon center is doing a "red out", so i will be sporting my caps red shirt.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Your forgetting that they can go as high as 3rd. If the caps beat out the canes,
then the caps will get the 3rd spot.
Mentioned it in the prior post, and the reason I mentioned 6th, in that he would know who they would play if that happens. :laugh: Enjoy the game, I'm guessing I will not see another Caps game up here... Until the playoffs start :)
btw, Pa, I won't mention that dozen you could've had....
I have Ten dozen in my garage, bragging rights are much sweeter. Besides, they would just be gone in a week. I'm hoping their season will be much, much longer. :thumbs up:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Mentioned it in the prior post, and the reason I mentioned 6th, in that he would know who they would play if that happens. :laugh: Enjoy the game, I'm guessing I will not see another Caps game up here... Until the playoffs start :)

I have Ten dozen in my garage, bragging rights are much sweeter. Besides, they would just be gone in a week. I'm hoping their season will be much, much longer. :thumbs up:

I may not like you for a little while...hope you understand!! :p

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
6 - 2 BABY!!!!!

And, Boston picked up a point tonight.
Hope they wore them down and beat them up nicely for the Caps. Both Philly and Boston lost. Two out of three ain't bad. :)

edit 1 - oooh, didn't realize the Bruins game went to OT, well being in PA and having lived just outside Philly for a long time, seeing them go will work for me. That was my choice anyways, and Ottawa would make for a nice consolation.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Hope they wore them down and beat them up nicely for the Caps. Both Philly and Boston lost. Two out of three ain't bad. :)

edit 1 - oooh, didn't realize the Bruins game went to OT, well being in PA and having lived just outside Philly for a long time, seeing them go will work for me. That was my choice anyways, and Ottawa would make for a nice consolation.
Good luck tomorrow night...sorry I can't pull for you.

btw, LaRose got his first hat trick...3 sweet goals!!

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
C-A-P-S Caps caps caps!!

We killed them in shots on goal last night. Something like 35 to 20. And i wont be the first to say that it got a little rowdy. And I loved it!!! Its good to see the fans and players fired up :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It's down to tonight for us and I'M GONNA BE THERE!!!! Lower level, baby...GO CANES!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Last night turned things around fast. So if the Canes win the division with a win tonight, I am starting to like the scenario of Boston beating Ottawa, followed by a loss to the Sabres tomorrow and a win by the Caps. Now doing the math, unless Philly manages to upset both NJ and Pitt, this would give us a 3 way log jam at 94 (or 4 way if the Flyers finish with a win and a tie) and the Caps would find themselves in 6th place courtesy of the Tie-Breakers. We may get to see some more Caps~Canes games after all. ;)

I probably shouldn't get greedy, I just don't want to see a tie tonight in the Ottawa~Boston game, as long as that doesn't happen. The Caps hold their own playoff destiny for the first time all year, and simply need to win tomorrow to get in the playoffs.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Although living close to Philly all these years, the naturally mean side of me can't help but want it to come at the expense of the Flyers. Now that we live up here, I wouldn't even have to hear the Philly sportscaster whine about the tragedy that unfolded on their team for the remainder of the playoffs, as we get both NY and Scranton/Wilkes Barre (seems more of a Pittsburgh market in sports for some reason) stations.

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least. Unless they change the game plan, I wont get to see the Caps game as of now. If they do it could make for a great night of Television, and the Caps are on at 7pm, even if they are on I would actually have to TiVo the ending as actually more importantly to me, my Jayhawks tip off at approximately 8:47 against that other Carolina team.

You a Tar Heels fan by any chance MC? :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.