• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL Expansion

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
16 interested parties were in talks with the NHL for expansion. When the deadline to submit applications passed, only TWO of them actually applied. Quebec and Vegas.

I am disappoint. :(

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I hope so, but the conferences are still lopsided and putting a team in Quebec would just make it worse. Unless they move some teams out west (I'm looking at you, Panthers).

But Vegas is the worst place I could think of send a pro team of any sport. Not only is Vegas the most transient town I've ever seen, once Lake Mead dries up and the water wars begin... that place is doomed.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I hope so, but the conferences are still lopsided and putting a team in Quebec would just make it worse. Unless they move some teams out west (I'm looking at you, Panthers).

But Vegas is the worst place I could think of send a pro team of any sport. Not only is Vegas the most transient town I've ever seen, once Lake Mead dries up and the water wars begin... that place is doomed.

As long as I get to go to my developer conference at the MGM this coming October, I'm OK with that.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You should be fine, Glark. Conference-goers are Vegas' bread and butter.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Vegas is a great draw for visiting fans. Which means it would probably have the worst home ice advantage.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I hope they do not expand. Take the teams struggling with attendance/revenue and move them. Why dilute a product that is fairly weak as it is? There are some teams in the league that are not worth watching on TV, let alone in person due to a lack of talent.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
New unis for the upcoming season.

4some.jpg

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Oh man, they made this big deal about the new jerseys and they were going to unveil them at the draft and it was all mysterious and exciting. Then when I first saw the picture I was like... "What's the difference? Oh, you mean that black stripe? That's the big deal? WTF?!?" :poop:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online