• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I know we have some hockey fans, so I thought I'd toss this out. Who else is watching?

I'm so irritated with how the Penguins are doing. 27-24, honestly! Last year we were...47-24 I think. What the hey? Avalanche which are nearby aren't any better!

At this point I'm debating rooting for the Sharks coming Cup time, if they make it.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I watch every habs game on the center ice package thru our cable provider... I'm debating cancelling it the way they are playing. They're playing the Avs tonight and I am predicting another blowout LOL

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
As a Flyers fan, I can honestly say that I am quite happy that the Pens are struggling. I still love to watch Malkin play though, he is an amazing talent and even better than Crosby in my mind.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
RED WINGS!!!!! Been a Red Wings fan since I was bout 5 when i started playing hockey myself. I'd have to say Hossa made the right move ;-). Anyhow, wings lost to columbus tonight, sucks. Was a GOOD game tho. Gonna be a tough road to the cup this year, some good looking teams out there in both conferences.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
unfortunately with bowling on mon. & thurs. i dont get to see many games.

but atleast mt Bruins are killing it this yr.

maybe this is our yr.

GO BRUINS`S

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I watch every habs game on the center ice package thru our cable provider... I'm debating cancelling it the way they are playing. They're playing the Avs tonight and I am predicting another blowout LOL

Vancouver beat Montreal pretty good tonight ;)

I follow the Canucks, have forever. Am happy to see the turnaround we got going down the stretch.

Pens suck and Avs suck, sorry Jeff ;). Not meaning to pick on you, just hate the avs for being divisional foes obv, and that Moore/Bertuzzi thing...

But I can't stand Sidney Crosby... He's a great kid and will be (FUTURE TENSE) a great player. Right now he's just a good scorer, not a good player. He is snotty on the ice and has spoiled kid written all over him and I do not feel he carries himself in a professional manner enough to be a captain in the NHL. Just my personal opinion, but Malkin is awesome to watch, he and Jordan Staal are the only reasons I would watch anything involving the penguins.

And whoever said IF the Sharks make the playoffs....? They're the only team in the NHL STILL with single digit in the loss column. Pretty sure they're going to at least make the playoffs :laugh:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Vancouver beat Montreal pretty good tonight ;)

I follow the Canucks, have forever. Am happy to see the turnaround we got going down the stretch.

Pens suck and Avs suck, sorry Jeff ;). Not meaning to pick on you, just hate the avs for being divisional foes obv, and that Moore/Bertuzzi thing...

But I can't stand Sidney Crosby... He's a great kid and will be (FUTURE TENSE) a great player. Right now he's just a good scorer, not a good player. He is snotty on the ice and has spoiled kid written all over him and I do not feel he carries himself in a professional manner enough to be a captain in the NHL. Just my personal opinion, but Malkin is awesome to watch, he and Jordan Staal are the only reasons I would watch anything involving the penguins.

And whoever said IF the Sharks make the playoffs....? They're the only team in the NHL STILL with single digit in the loss column. Pretty sure they're going to at least make the playoffs :laugh:

Crosby needs to be brought down to earth, I agree he has his head up his arse. The Pens have a lot of potential, and a huge disappointment in a season since last year, but I know they can do really well, and probably will. Just need some more time.

Nearly as much of a Steelers fan I'm a Penguins fan, except they've never been as good.

Well yeah the Sharks are going to make playoffs, but we'll see how they do with it. I've watched a couple of their games, pretty fierce.

My sis is a Red Wings fan, has a signed Sergei Fed puck.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Have you seen Stamkos?

Steven who?

Seriously, biggest upset this year. They should have let him go back down to Juniors for the year, told him to put on some weight and strength. He rarely wins battles, he is wrestled off the puck easily, not NHL caliber at all.

I'm a Leafs fan and I am excited for March 4th and July 1st. I really think Brian Burke is going to rebuild a really good team. Look for him moving Toskala and Pogge, he builds his teams from the net out and those guys are not reliable at all, however would make good back ups playing 20-30 games a year, so some team will be interested. Obviously this year is completely embarrassing, but we beat the Pens three times and the Habs twice, so it's not a total waste, still got to talk some trash.

I think San Jose has this season in the bag, or a middle of the pack team will make a good pickup during the trade deadline and go the distance (Devils).

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I love hockey, but to be honest, I do not really cheer for any team. I mean I will cheer for any Canadian team in action, and I like the Pens, but I am not hardcore for any one NHL team. However, with that said, I love watching junior hockey and wish that I could see a lot more of it. I think that because the players are still relatively young (my age actually), the talent is still raw, which produces more turnovers and a more exciting game.

If anyone ever has the chance they should definitely take in a CHL game, I can't speak if US university hockey, but I think that it would be similar

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think San Jose has this season in the bag, or a middle of the pack team will make a good pickup during the trade deadline and go the distance (Devils).

I like the Caps - IF they get solid goaltending they are going to be tough.

And I 100% agree on the Crosby sentiments. I also think that Malkin is the stud on that team, not Crosby

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
If anyone ever has the chance they should definitely take in a CHL game, I can't speak if US university hockey, but I think that it would be similar

Negative - we get hockey east here... it is lame in comparison to the OHL.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Jeff- The Penguins ARE NOT a Stanley Cup calibre team right now, they have scoring, and Gonchar whose been out a lot. Other than that they're depth dropped wayyyy off from the players they lost this past offseason (Armstrong, Malone, and I believe they lost a top 4 defenseman too if im not mistaken, plus some role players). But they are a a playoff team and should be doing way better than they are now I will give them that.

Stamkos was definitely the biggest bust this year, and was forced into the situation in Tampa which I really hope doesn't negatively affect his career. Almost any other team would have sent him to at least the AHL for conditioning and he would have benefitted. If he puts in the weight room time this summer and has the drive to get bigger, he will be a force to play against as he does have all the talent in the world.

Dusty, University hockey is nothing like the CHL. I watched a few games and only was excited from one game I watched. CHL is a way better calibre of hockey imho. Although there is nothing like any global competition.

Hockey fans - In my opinion the best hockeys are
1 - International competitions (Olympics, WJC, Worlds)
2 - Playoff Hockey
3 - NHL regular season
4 - CHL, AHL or any other Major Junior
5 - Local Junior teams or university teams.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Steven who?

Seriously, biggest upset this year. They should have let him go back down to Juniors for the year, told him to put on some weight and strength. He rarely wins battles, he is wrestled off the puck easily, not NHL caliber at all.
That's the big joke among the ever more disillusioned Lightning fans here in Tampa. The big marketing gimmick before the season started had billboards up all over the city saying:

"Where's Stamkos?"

Where indeed. Same old Lightning...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.