• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
you did get a HD receiver as well, i hope.
To be honest, I plan to iron out the details on all that I will need down the line. Currently we don't even have Digital cable but simply basic. We also use a Series 2 TiVo which is not the HD model, and will likely be updating to the HD Model with a receiver built in.

In all honesty, I am not sure if one is built into what we got, but will still be better than the 27" we have going until I sort out the details. So we are not expecting to utilize HDTV immediately.

KDL-46Z5100 | 46" BRAVIA® Z Series LCD HDTV | Sony | Sony Style USA

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Our hometown boy really lit it up for you tonight. His brother in NY looked pretty silly a few times today though. His other bro is already resting. I will be pulling for the canes from here on in as I would like to see Eric get another cup. His family are great people and he does a lot for the kids around here. Golfs at my home course as well.
You know, a sleeve of golf balls, each signed by 1 brother, would make a great birthday gift for me. :emot-ange :D

That's a great insight about the summer work, and I really appreciate you sharing it, Lyle.

Had a conversation this weekend about how, as a whole, hockey players/coaches/admins/etc seem to be the most down to earth, and least prima donna-ish, of all the major sports. FAR superior to football/basketball/baseball players IMHO. They really seem to take the theory of playing for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, to heart.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Anyone else enjoy the fights in the Sharks game last night?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
THE CANES WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Gleason deserves a ton of credit. He doesn't keep the puck in, we don't get goal #3 for the tie!!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
What a finish. Nice to see Brodeur go down in flames.

MC - I will see about the balls. Definitely not out of the question imo.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
What a finish. Nice to see Brodeur go down in flames.

MC - I will see about the balls. Definitely not out of the question imo.
Wow! That was pure selfish sarcasm, Lyle...wow!

My wife said she loves you just for considering it!!

Yes, it was an incredible finish, and an incredible series. I don't think you can find a more even playoff series stats wise. 2 truly even, highly talented teams!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Yep, great all around night for hockey. Good to finally see the Caps on the "Giving" end of coming back from a 3-1 deficit. :D

Only wish they had Brashear going into the Pengs series.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yep, great all around night for hockey. Good to finally see the Caps on the "Giving" end of coming back from a 3-1 deficit. :D

Only wish they had Brashear going into the Pengs series.
If you'd teach him to play nice, you'd still have him! ;)

Actually saw the winning goal and the end of the Caps game during intermission of the Canes game. Great goal! Also was impressed with both teams during the post game handshake...extremely great sportsmanship!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
If you'd teach him to play nice, you'd still have him! ;)
Yeah, but what fun is that? Then I probably wouldn't wish they had him for the series so much. :D

I still am hoping Boudreau would teach him the stick to the face of the entire bench off Slapshot. Do it during the preskate. :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Even though the Rangers lost, Henry Lundquist made 2 of the best saves I think I have ever seen in that 3rd period. He would look so good in a Philly uniform.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Even though the Rangers lost, Henry Lundquist made 2 of the best saves I think I have ever seen in that 3rd period. He would look so good in a Philly uniform.
Lundquist (and the Rangers) played a great series. Lundquist should be very proud of his play, and the Rangers shouldn't even consider trading him IMHO. He's outstanding!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Lundqvist did play incredible hockey for a good part of the series and probably made as many miraculous saves in that series as any goaltender I have seen in a 7 game series. I just don't think he had enough support and some of the goals were just out there. For example the one that went between the bar and his knee when he was against the post, and even the one yesterday that went between his defenders arm and side and over Ludqvist shoulder. I think with many 'tenders in the league, each of those games could have resulted in 5-6 goals.

I hope they trade him. To the Western Conference. :laugh:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
How about them Bruins, MC? :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online