1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by JEFF4i, Feb 13, 2009.

1. N.V.M.

N.V.M. now...a cartoon

hey Hossa, now do you see why the Pens got rid of you? its called get big bucks, get a friggin point once in a while.

2. JEFF4i

JEFF4i She lives! Supporting Member

I'll say, the Pens offense wasn't terribly impressive besides Talbot. Excluding Game 4, that is a pretty true statement for the entire series. However, the defense, specifically tonight and Tuesday, was what it needed to be. Fleury and Scuderi were incredible, playing clutch hockey.

That said, I'm a happy clam.

3. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada

With one sentence you summed up an entire game. The Pens just didnt give the redwings any rom to move, add in some slow bad ice and it must have been extremely frustrating. This is playoff hockey though, and it works.

4. Rockford35

Rockford35 Shark skin shoes Staff Member Admin

Canada Canada
    In Hossa's defense, he left PIT for DET for less money. They didn't get rid of him, they tried to throw big money his way and he went to a team he figured would win the Cup.

Now, the brain twister is.....would PIT have won if Hossa was still with them?

R35

5. Pa Jayhawk

Pa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

NHL Entry Draft update.

Flyers traded F Joffre Lupul, D Luca SBISA (their 1st round pick last year) and 2 x 1st Round Picks (this years and next years) for Chris Pronger.

6. VtDivot

VtDivot SLIGHTERED Supporting Member

yup - great trade...........for the DUCKS!

7. Pa Jayhawk

Pa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing myself. While it may give the Flyers an immediate impact, they better work fast in the next couple years before they will have to go through a rebuilding phase. For the Ducks it seems fairly similar to what the Caps did a few years ago when they seemed like they cleaned house. While they had a few bad years, they are now in a position as far as young talent that I do not ever remember seeing since their inception into the league. Flyers may really regret this deal if they do not get things done. Not sure the loss of Pronger for the Ducks is even going to put them in a position where they will have a few bad years. In all likelyhood they may be able to build a franchise around that trade in the next couple years.

8. The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire ...and loving it.

Best story from the Draft. A prospect, that went in the Top 5, told a team interviewing him that he had had a bad knee for five years (as he did not want to be picked by the team in that interview). Sure enough, they passed on him and took someone else. Brilliant!

As well, the Canadiens fans chanted "Sixty-Seven" (the last year the Leafs won) at the Leafs everytime they made a pick.

Time for some rest and some golf.