• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Jeff- The Penguins ARE NOT a Stanley Cup calibre team right now, they have scoring, and Gonchar whose been out a lot. Other than that they're depth dropped wayyyy off from the players they lost this past offseason (Armstrong, Malone, and I believe they lost a top 4 defenseman too if im not mistaken, plus some role players). But they are a a playoff team and should be doing way better than they are now I will give them that.

Oh, I never said they were, I said they had potential. :p

That's the big joke among the ever more disillusioned Lightning fans here in Tampa. The big marketing gimmick before the season started had billboards up all over the city saying:

"Where's Stamkos?"

Where indeed. Same old Lightning...

And looks like you might lose Jeff Garcia too, poor Tampa.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Now that we're further down the home stretch, thought I'd revive this thread.

My Cane's have played 2 outstanding games in a row (the latter of which a good friend of mine and fellow ST'er really didn't enjoy ;) ), but still can't stay in the top 8. Tonight's game against the Rangers is crucial for both teams...yes, I'll be watching!!!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Canadiens fired their coach, which was probably a good move. Shake things up, make everybody work harder, that's what usually happens anyway.

Toronto, well they went on an 8 game tear, no regulation losses in 8 games. But now I think they'll slowly move around 11th, 12th place.

I honestly think the Devils have it. Martin Brodeur will beat Roy's record, get another cup, and set it up for the perfect retirement.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I think its a bad thing for TO to have gone on that tear, puts them too far away from the Tavares sweepstakes.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I think its a bad thing for TO to have gone on that tear, puts them too far away from the Tavares sweepstakes.

They only had a what, 8% chance of getting him anyway? I rather let them showcase their players and then get 2nd round picks for their players. 2 months ago if you said Antropov would bring a 2nd round pick I would have though you were crazy. They have 3 2nd round picks now (don't quote me on that, but Dominic Moore and Antropov brough in 2nds) along with their 1st.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Canes beat the Rangers 3-0...Should put us in 6th for tonight!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You'll be seeing them on the golf course by the middle of May.
Don't know...they've played awfully well the last 4 games. Next 3 are tough.

I'm not sure the Devils have it. I think there's too many strong teams and too many peaking late to give it to anybody yet.

GO CANES!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
This is the Bruins year. (at least it better be......:laugh:)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Who will be the first team to break 100 points? I think it'll be San Jose.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Don't know, but still trying to figure out how the Caps played the way they did all year then dropped 4 in a row at home.
My Cane's have played 2 outstanding games in a row (the latter of which a good friend of mine and fellow ST'er really didn't enjoy ;) ), but still can't stay in the top 8.
Was on a little mini Hiatus from Hockey since last week with the weather starting to get better up here and no Caps games on TV, checked back in with it to see they were 4-5-1 in their last 10. Last time I had looked they 7-2-1

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
We're 8-2, but the next 4 games are tough: Chicago tonight, Dallas tomorrow night, Washington Saturday night...all away! Then home to play the Devils on Wed. night.

Oh, and I can explain one of those losses if you really want me to, Pa....;)

🔥 Latest posts