• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Who will be the first team to break 100 points? I think it'll be San Jose.

I think its gonna be the redwings. gonna win tonight, gonna win on saturday...biggidy bang we're off to Acapulco....or 100pts anyhow. haha. Well i hope this holds true, while i don't overly value the #1 spot, it is home ice adv. Thing thats killin me is wtf their problem with columbus is lately. Gettin on my nerves, i don't even think the BJ's are that good, wings just sink and play like sheit.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Great game last night (Canes/Blackhawks) and we did manage to get a point out of it. Chevy gave the first star to Cam Ward even though he was the losing goalie. He really played a great game.

Dallas tonight....need a full win bad!!

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Geeez, end of first period of wings/flames, what a crazy game already, haha. Wings had 27 shots in first period, calgary had like 17mins worth of penalties in first period, rofl. Only 2-1 detroit tho...kirpusov (spelling), been standing on his head.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Every freakin' time the teams we need to lose do lose...so do WE!!!!!

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
River, i couldnt frickin believe that ending. I gotta hand it to flames for not just rollin over and dying, but wtf wings...Gonna go into playoffs blowin leads like that, its gonna be a short attempt @ repeat, lol. Kiprusoff played a hell of a game too...few softies, but i thought most of conklins goals were softies....why cant the wings just get a truly dominant goalie, like timmy thomas for example, then theyd be totally dominant, instead we stack more and more forwards/def on, and keep mediocre at best goalies.

Now conklins played pretty well all season, but lately i dunno...not lookin too hot with playoffs comin up. Needless to say I think goaltending is gonna be the wings Achilles heel this playoff run, unless one of these 2 can turn this bs around, and stop givin up SOFT goals.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Every freakin' time the teams we need to lose do lose...so do WE!!!!!
I was thinking most of the Year that the Caps would be great in the playoffs, because they were unstoppable at home and will end up with home ice advantage for a couple rounds. Now they seem to be unstoppable on the road and horrendous at home. Hopefully their home issue change in their next game. ;)

If not, I guess they always can look forward to the next 5 that are away.

They get the Canes the next 2 Saturdays.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I was thinking most of the Year that the Caps would be great in the playoffs, because they were unstoppable at home and will end up with home ice advantage for a couple rounds. Now they seem to be unstoppable on the road and horrendous at home. Hopefully their home issue change in their next game. ;)

If not, I guess they always can look forward to the next 5 that are away.

They get the Canes the next 2 Saturdays.
We're coming off 2 road game losses that netted us 1 point. I think we'll be giving you all you can handle come Saturday night!!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Useless fact - Cam Wards cousin was the goalie for my team a few years back. Except she was a girl... and sucked.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Also - anyone see Ron Wilson give it to the ref last night? What are your thoughts? Do you think it was deserved? I think some sort of penalty needs to be called there. The guy is intending to injure. Putting the stick between a guys legs and trying to lift him up.. are you kidding me. This is just going to get worse if they try to rule out fighting.

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
River, i couldnt frickin believe that ending. I gotta hand it to flames for not just rollin over and dying, but wtf wings...Gonna go into playoffs blowin leads like that, its gonna be a short attempt @ repeat, lol. Kiprusoff played a hell of a game too...few softies, but i thought most of conklins goals were softies....why cant the wings just get a truly dominant goalie, like timmy thomas for example, then theyd be totally dominant, instead we stack more and more forwards/def on, and keep mediocre at best goalies.

Now conklins played pretty well all season, but lately i dunno...not lookin too hot with playoffs comin up. Needless to say I think goaltending is gonna be the wings Achilles heel this playoff run, unless one of these 2 can turn this bs around, and stop givin up SOFT goals.

To bounce back from the horrible officiating was something else as well.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
I dunno, that was a hit from behind, regardless of how harmless it looked, it was still a rulebook hit from behind. I will admit there was a few soft calls, but if you could see more wings games, you'd see they are on the wrong side of that kind of officiating more often then not.

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
I dunno, that was a hit from behind, regardless of how harmless it looked, it was still a rulebook hit from behind. I will admit there was a few soft calls, but if you could see more wings games, you'd see they are on the wrong side of that kind of officiating more often then not.

It's not so much the calls, it's the missed calls that really get me. I think it was the play leading up to the wings 4th goal...in the same play, missed tripping call, missed interference call and leads to a goal. All within 10 second time frame. Another was Franzen taking swings first, refs don't see it...all they see is Vandermeer lay him out with a nice square one to the face and he gets 10 mins. Oh well, thats the nature of the beast. Some go your way, others don't.

On too Toronto. End this roadtrip please.
http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8468213

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
So, Riverologist, what's your excuse for tonight? ;)

Honestly, everyone raves on Kiprusoff for being such an amazing goaltender. I think his performance is based directly on the team. I've probably only seen two games where Kiprusoff was able to still give the team a chance to win, even when the team wasn't playing at 100%. Which is what a goalie is supposed to do. Even Toskala did it a few times this year.

I'm really happy with the way Toronto played. The goals weren't garbage bad plays on Toronto's part, Jokinen's was a little. The defence had no speed backing up and Jokinen blasted right by them and hit the puck as soon as it landed. Other than that it was a pretty solid game. One of my friends has been talking trash to me since the middle of January about this game, so I'm happy it went the way it did.

🔥 Latest posts