• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
I actually cheered for the Oilers to win tonight against Vancouver. Now that they won, I can go brush my teeth and clear out the taste of puke in my mouth.

Come on Flames, hang on there boys. We need that Division Title.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I actually cheered for the Oilers to win tonight against Vancouver. Now that they won, I can go brush my teeth and clear out the taste of puke in my mouth.

Come on Flames, hang on there boys. We need that Division Title.

Well I guess they gotta win something this year since they're not winning the cup eh?

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
Well I guess they gotta win something this year since they're not winning the cup eh?

Who you cheering for?

If you are an Oilers fan, can you even really talk? They really pooped the bed to be out of a spot at this time. You can thank that drunk driving Manslaughter, baby killer, McTavish for that one. How this guy was even given a second chance of having a career after killing someone is beyond me. 8 years on the job and one fluke run at the cup is all.

Montreal? Good luck. Gone first round gaurenteed. The most inconsistant team in the east.

Being from Winnipeg I can't really see you supporting the Canucks. But if you are, keep living the dream. They haven't won a cup and won't come close this year either. Luongo was looking pretty bad tonight, and playing the Oilers should of been a walk for them.

Last I checked, we still have an NHL team to support. It's a shame a city of 700,000 like Winnipeg can't support a team. Even Betman knows it would be a waste to send a struggling franchise like Phoenix back up to a no hope market like Winnipeg.

We all know Calgary is a hockey city, with the best fans (the 2004 run prooved that) and with the best managment hockey can buy. 80 sold out games don't lie. Have we stuggled? yes, but we have more talent and heart with more behind the bench support than any other Canadian team in contention. I know where my money will be.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Hahaha, whoa whoa whoa. I insult Calgary and you turn it into how Winnipeg can't support a team.

First off, I'm a Leafs fan. I know, I know. No place to talk. They're rebuilding, Calgary's went through it, almost every team has gone through stages like this. It's part of the building of a team.

Edmonton isn't the only team to make a fluke run at the cup, remember the finals against Tampa Bay? Yeeaaah, now you do.

Bottom line is you need defense to win a cup. With 237 goals against, that's the most out of all the Western conf. teams in the playoffs right now. You can't tell me that Calgary is a Stanley Cup team, with those kind of numbers. Everybody says Kipprusoff is one of the best, really, 6 goals in 2 periods against a team with half AHL players? Yeah, sounds really good to me.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
this is the yr that the 37 yr drought ends.

GO BRUINS

*sigh* Maybe I'll root for the Bruins, trying to keep up with my, "be nice to Boston" theme. Also, I don't really like any of the teams this year.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Bite me .
More like a nibble.

this is the yr that the 37 yr drought ends.

GO BRUINS
AFTER my Canes, I'd pull for Boston. But, I think they're going to have trouble getting there.

If they do and Detroit or San Jose make it, I think they've got major trouble.

Doesn't really matter...eventually they'll lose to THE CANES!!!! :D

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
Hahaha, whoa whoa whoa. I insult Calgary and you turn it into how Winnipeg can't support a team.

First off, I'm a Leafs fan. I know, I know. No place to talk. They're rebuilding, Calgary's went through it, almost every team has gone through stages like this. It's part of the building of a team.

Edmonton isn't the only team to make a fluke run at the cup, remember the finals against Tampa Bay? Yeeaaah, now you do.

The Leafs have been rebuilding since 1967. You'd think after 42 years they would be due.

Yeah, I do remember 2004. We got robbed of the cup in game 6. Still a little bitter about it too. :mad:

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
The Leafs have been rebuilding since 1967. You'd think after 42 years they would be due.

Yeah, I do remember 2004. We got robbed of the cup in game 6. Still a little bitter about it too. :mad:

They've made a few runs at the cup, but they haven't been rebuilding that long. The last long run they made was I think 2000-2001? I think they made it to conference finals, can't remember exactly.

Oh, good job ignoring the Kiprusoff/lack of defense point, I would have too. ;)

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
They've made a few runs at the cup, but they haven't been rebuilding that long. The last long run they made was I think 2000-2001? I think they made it to conference finals, can't remember exactly.

Oh, good job ignoring the Kiprusoff/lack of defense point, I would have too. ;)

You play as much as Kipper and see how sharp you are every game. Of course our defense needs work. We've been saying that from day one. Unfortunately we spent the money on a offense and have been plagued with injuries and bringing in young kids from the AHL as well to fill defensive positions. I wish we kept Cujo for our gate opener. I'd feel a lot better going into the playoffs with a proven backup.

Kipper has been the saving grace. The saves he pulls out of his ass is unreal. They just don't nominate and hand out Vezina, Jennings, and Hart trophies to anyone. He's only been here 5 years and holds wins and shutout record for the club. A good GAA is a nice thing but bottom line it's the big "W" that matters. Leads the leagues in wins this year, friend.

So, you are right, the defense needs to step up big time. But don't get on Kipper, or I'll have to hunt you down. :killersmiley:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Schneider out for the season, Markov, norris trophy candidate out for 3 weeks. Habs are cooked. :(

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online