• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

odds on making 2 eagles on 2 different par 4's on 9 holes

daniel montgomery

Aug 26, 2019
Country
United States United States
I'm new to the board. Just wondered what the odds are on making 2 different eagles on 2 par 4's on the same 9 holes. I did this yesterday on the last 9 holes of our club tournament. (also had 2 triple bogies back to back on the front 9 , sadly) . I know the odds of a hole in one are about 12,000 to 1 but I can't seem to find the odds for an eagle on a par 4, (much less 2 on the same 9 holes) but I am sure they would be less since there are more par 4's on a golf course than par 3's.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I once played in a tournament with three other guys. On a par three, we walked off with a combined total of 7 shots. A hole in one and three birdies. I was the last guy to putt from about 10 feet. I walked that thing in like a Boss! I'll bet that one is hard to beat!!

But two eagles in 9 holes on par 4s is pretty sweet too. What length were holes? Putts or slam dunk wedges?

Gary

Sep 25, 2019
Country
I am a senior still playing white tees. Last Friday I eagled a par 4 from 165 yards out shooting 32 on back for a cool 71 my age.Now today against the wind I had 180 to the same hole, guess what it went in! So in less than a week I have had two eagles on the same hole!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I am a senior still playing white tees. Last Friday I eagled a par 4 from 165 yards out shooting 32 on back for a cool 71 my age.Now today against the wind I had 180 to the same hole, guess what it went in! So in less than a week I have had two eagles on the same hole!
Awesome!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well done!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
That is fantastic, congrats!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm getting a match organised between Limp, Gary and PapaD. There's a price war going on between Sky Sport, CBS and ESPN to get the TV rights. On current form, my money is on Gary! I need PapaD's knee to heal up and Limp to get hypnotised to even out the odds. It will be epic!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm getting a match organised between Limp, Gary and PapaD. There's a price war going on between Sky Sport, CBS and ESPN to get the TV rights. On current form, my money is on Gary! I need PapaD's knee to heal up and Limp to get hypnotised to even out the odds. It will be epic!
The Geezer Open!! I'm thinking this could be the first Very Senior Tour major.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Bad day on golf course......no eagles! Maybe I should move to senior tees...
From personal experience... and over 130 rounds of golf in 2019 from the senior tees... they ain't no eagles teed up for easy pickin's from those boxes!!!:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.