• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Odyssey Putters

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Here's my Sage advice...

Ready?....

Are you sure?...

It's not the putter, it's the putter!!

Read that a few times and you will work out that the piece of metal in your hands is about 5% of what putting is about. You can putt just as well with a $5 putter as a $500 putter. Yes, feel is important, but there are so many other factors such as ball played, speed of greens, swing profile etc. You can wrap yourself up in a lot of techincal stuff and suffocate yourself with doubt. Or you can grab a flat stick and just putt, put the ball in the hole!
^^^^^ This!!

Between my Cameron and Bettinardi, there is $500 worth of putter sitting in the basement because I have zero confidence with either anymore. Shot my age this week with a decades old stainless Anser4 which probably wouldn't sell for $20 in a used club bin.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I bought a $60 Tour Edge HP #10 (TM Spider copy) this summer and it's the best I've used. It's way better then the TM Spider I used to have.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Shot my age this week with a decades old stainless Anser4 which probably wouldn't sell for $20 in a used club bin.
This is the putter I use. I love it except when it misses putts.

For a while I was gaming an old (1980s) Tommy Armor blade that I got in a yard sale for $2 and that thing feels super sweet. I need to put a new shaft and grip on it and then It'll likely be back in the bag.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
PM me about that Bettinardi, will ya Larry? :D
$0 in it. Think it'll remain in the basement until the Anser hiccups. The Betti is still the best feeling putter I've ever owned. But, it has some attitude issues, remarkably similar to a ditzy blonde. Beauty beyond compare. She can be a sweetheart and tempt you to keep her with you. About the time you do, she will go bonkers and have zero idea what her purpose is! Hopefully, one of these days she will mature enough to, at least, show some respect while on the golf course!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I have 3 putters:

An original Acushnet Bullseye flanged head with the original leather grip. First putter I ever had, will always have it, think I paid $10 for it when I was 12.
A YES! Callie purchased only because my youngest daughter's name is Callie.
A $50 Ray Cook heel shaft flanged head I bought because it was on clearance and felt good.

If I'm in the right mood, I can literally 2 putt from anywhere on any green with any of the above. My best friend I used to play golf with a lot frequently commented "You're on the green, I'll give you a 2".

IG is right, outside of a comfort level with the putter, the stick in your hand really doesn't matter IF you can putt. However, I fully respect anyone buying any putter they want because there are some beautiful putters out there, and that might be what a person needs to get the comfort level that the stick doesn't matter anymore.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’ve yet to find an odyssey putter I like or can make a putt with :(

Members online

No members online now.