• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

[off topic] homohog

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
this is a nice board. civility [not synonymous with piety] prevails, as does information and humor. i was thrust into a provocative battle on a recent college football board.

my razorbacks are having some tough times. a few of the fan sites are very good, populated with some knowledgeable people. some of the good ones, however, are also overrun with the flamers who are hell bent on nothing less that total revolution from the head coach to the athletic director.

lately the board admin's have politely cautioned against such flaming attacks on those with reasoned albeit different opinions.

here's where i came in with the subject handle.

to sucker them in i created a handle "homohog".

i started posting football knowledge fraught with double entendre's, innuendo, etc.

you could feel the cybertension. they wanted to respond, but held back. it was as though even talking to someone named homohog made all involved a homosexual.

finally after a few posts they couldn't stand it. i posted a subject " lets get UP for auburn!!!!

then i related how when important it is for a grown man to bond with young boys, etc, yada yada yada.

man, you should'a seen it. it was a volcano. the flaming wars were on.

then, the funny thing happened. the discussion devolved from football to LIFESTYLES.

it was hilarious. the funny thing is, no one knew they'd been had. provoked into sparring with an invisible, manipulative fighter.

finally, after about 3 days they kicked me off. my name was too provocative, i was told.

the board needed that. it was populated and overrun with neophytes flame artists who had little to offer other than mean spirited criticism. after jumping on homohog the discussion returned to a more civil tone.

it also made me realize how little i knew about any damn thing when i was a teen and into my 20's.

long live homohog.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Go Lobos! Sorry, have to support my school. Although Air Force just wasted us.

As far as the provokation, very nice. It was very smart of you.

Members online

No members online now.