• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official Shottalk Cookbook

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
brisket.png

Brisket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
So is it just another cut of beef, and you cook it the same way?? How does it compare taste/texture wise to, say, a ribeye?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I've never had brisket...what is it?

You, Sir, have not lived until you have had a good smoked brisket sandwich.
So is it just another cut of beef, and you cook it the same way?? How does it compare taste/texture wise to, say, a ribeye?

Completely different. You don't want to cook a brisket like a ribeye. Brisket is actually a really bad cut of meat, you have to cook it low and slow, preferably smoked. It has lots of connective tissue that needs to be rendered. Done right, and with the right BBQ sauce, it's really good. Ribeye, on the other hand, is a very tender cut of meat and should be cooked over a very high heat, for very short period of time and left medium rare. It's also my absolute favorite cut.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You, Sir, have not lived until you have had a good smoked brisket sandwich.
Completely different. You don't want to cook a brisket like a ribeye. Brisket is actually a really bad cut of meat, you have to cook it low and slow, preferably smoked. It has lots of connective tissue that needs to be rendered. Done right, and with the right BBQ sauce, it's really good. Ribeye, on the other hand, is a very tender cut of meat and should be cooked over a very high heat, for very short period of time and left medium rare. It's also my absolute favorite cut.
I wonder how brisket would come out in a crock pot? I know that's a low and slow cooker. Don't have a smoker.

Yeah, I like rib eye as well, but mainly on the grill. When I go out I like to get prime rib or filet because I don't cook those at home. At least, not yet.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
First (and only) time I had cow tongue was while I was attending French Commando School in 1984. I didn't know you were supposed to peel the damn thing before you eat it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
First (and only) time I had cow tongue was while I was attending French Commando School in 1984. I didn't know you were supposed to peel the damn thing before you eat it.

oh yeah, gotta peel it.

I'm thinking about boiling the tongue, peeling it, then slicing it thin and frying it with salt and pepper. Not sure about the heart. Maybe I'll do the same thing with that.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.