• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official Shottalk weight loss challenge!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I'm out. While my goal is to lose about 50 lbs as well I feel a contest is the wrong way to go about it. I'm not looking to lose weight as fast as possible. Like Rock says, it's a lifestyle change I'm after.
Agreed, I've dropped 47 lbs over the last year but have plateaued over the last 60 days or so. I have another 35 to lose but don't want to go on a diet, the lifestyle change was working but I've fallen back into some bad habits. :(

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm out. While my goal is to lose about 50 lbs as well I feel a contest is the wrong way to go about it. I'm not looking to lose weight as fast as possible. Like Rock says, it's a lifestyle change I'm after.
It's not about losing weight as fast as you can regardless of health...it's about being accountable in a way that will make your life better. It's easy to cheat if no one is watching.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I saw a thread on Reddit recently that said that people who talk about their goals are less likely to achieve them. Thought I would throw that out there.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Reddit seems like a really good source for legitimate info....lol
Right. I think they sited a study though. Something about how brain's reward centers are stimulated when talking about a goal, yeah, I have no clue what I'm talking about, lol. I just searched but couldn't find that thread.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I knew it.
Helloooooooooo!

fat-guy-in-a-sailor-moon-costume-wtf.jpg

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Harden up.
I'm not looking to drop 10kg in a month either, but we all gotta start somewhere. And what better place to do it than against you lot. At we can have fun abusing each other along the way.
As PapaD said, we aren't aiming to do a solid exercise lifestyle change right away, but everyone needs the starting point. Then it's up to them to persist with it, where I think is where many people fail as they can't mentally change their ways.
Will failing bring back bad memories Greg? :p
I can offer some sheep? You know sheep exercises are good weight loss tools.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Chasing sheep is damn good exercise.

Anybody remember Kenny Rogers? At his height, he had a "farm" outside of Athens, GA (home of UGA and my Vet College) where he had a stable of very expensive horses and a flock of about a hundred miniature black sheep. As a senior vet student, I went with a group to vaccinate the little fuckers, only nobody thought to pen them up or bring a sheepdog. Ten of us chased those wooly bastards for about 2 hours, and never caught even one. Meanwhile, KR was sitting there in his golf cart, laughing his ass off.

He had a hot wife, though.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Chasing sheep is damn good exercise.

Anybody remember Kenny Rogers? At his height, he had a "farm" outside of Athens, GA (home of UGA and my Vet College) where he had a stable of very expensive horses and a flock of about a hundred miniature black sheep. As a senior vet student, I went with a group to vaccinate the little fuckers, only nobody thought to pen them up or bring a sheepdog. Ten of us chased those wooly bastards for about 2 hours, and never caught even one. Meanwhile, KR was sitting there in his golf cart, laughing his ass off.

He had a hot wife, though.

That's fuckin hilarious.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Harden up.
I'm not looking to drop 10kg in a month either, but we all gotta start somewhere. And what better place to do it than against you lot. At we can have fun abusing each other along the way.
As PapaD said, we aren't aiming to do a solid exercise lifestyle change right away, but everyone needs the starting point. Then it's up to them to persist with it, where I think is where many people fail as they can't mentally change their ways.
Will failing bring back bad memories Greg? :p
I can offer some sheep? You know sheep exercises are good weight loss tools.

Yep - if I force myself into a Spartan/Rambo diet regime for 3 or 4 weeks, the weight loss is motivating. Then dial it back to a reasonable balance of caloric intake and exercise. Jump Start!

It's really hard for somebody like me who really loves Peanut M&Ms and Oatmeal Raisins cookies.......Buffalo Wings.............Pasta...............damn...........

Last edited:

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
We gonna do this? Seems 1st Sept is upon us (past now for me)

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
SEP 1 is here. I am still out west on a 2 week vaca. I got weighed in just before the mule ride into the canyon and they had me at 225 lb. So that will have to suffice as my start point proof. When we get back next week I can post pics of my ugly feet on my scale.

🔥 Latest posts