• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official Shottalk weight loss challenge!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Down 35 pounds now. I really notice the weight loss when I swim laps now or do weights. Buying some new pants and fitting into some that I kept. All bets are off on Christmas Day, however. Standing rib roast, mash taters, green bean casserole, rolls, and many pies.

Well done [emoji106]. It really makes a difference.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I lost 40 lbs. from my stomach surgery, does that count? (Gained 20 back though). :(

How did I do it? I only was given chipped ice for 6 days (no solid food). It shuts your digestive system down until you start eating again. And to be honest I had no hunger in those 6 days. Pretty weird.

Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I lost 40 lbs. from my stomach surgery, does that count? (Gained 20 back though). :(

How did I do it? I only was given chipped ice for 6 days (no solid food). It shuts your digestive system down until you start eating again. And to be honest I had no hunger in those 6 days. Pretty weird.
Shortcuts are legal. Weight loss is weight loss, Jerry!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
In February I started going to the gym to get back in shape and change my lifestyle. After a few weeks I hadn’t really noticed a difference.

So in late March I went to the clinic for a health screening. Trying to make a lifestyle change. They did a few tests and took blood...

I got a call a few days later saying I was type 2 diabetic. I went in to chat with them and go over everything but my wife and I wanted a 2nd opinion.

So SWMBO and I went to my new primary care physician. She confirmed the diagnosis. :(

I don’t have to do a ton different, it can be controlled/managed with medication, eating the right things and keeping up on my exercise routine.

I can still eat most things, have a couple of beers, etc but everything has to be monitored and in moderation. Luckily it was caught early and I had already started the lifestyle change.

I hit the gym 7 days a week now and love it! Down 38 pounds and counting. :D

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
In February I started going to the gym to get back in shape and change my lifestyle. After a few weeks I hadn’t really noticed a difference.

So in late March I went to the clinic for a health screening. Trying to make a lifestyle change. They did a few tests and took blood...

I got a call a few days later saying I was type 2 diabetic. I went in to chat with them and go over everything but my wife and I wanted a 2nd opinion.

So SWMBO and I went to my new primary care physician. She confirmed the diagnosis. :(

I don’t have to do a ton different, it can be controlled/managed with medication, eating the right things and keeping up on my exercise routine.

I can still eat most things, have a couple of beers, etc but everything has to be monitored and in moderation. Luckily it was caught early and I had already started the lifestyle change.

Nice work Nick. Glad you caught it early. Moderation is your lifelong friend. :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

".... everything has to be monitored and in moderation." The "moderation" is what get so much of us in trouble. I'm up a few pounds and don't like it. Instead of one helping or one plate, I have to go back for more. I have a difficult time even pronouncing "moderation". You can do it. You have a very good reason to.

"Luckily it was caught early...." This is so important. In today's world of modern medical miracles, there isn't much that can't be cured or medicated if caught early enough.

"Down 38 pounds...." I used to like you!! That's where I need to be. No will power!!! Good for you! Glad, for your sake, you have the motivation to keep doing what you're doing.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
".... everything has to be monitored and in moderation." The "moderation" is what get so much of us in trouble. I'm up a few pounds and don't like it. Instead of one helping or one plate, I have to go back for more. I have a difficult time even pronouncing "moderation". You can do it. You have a very good reason to.

"Luckily it was caught early...." This is so important. In today's world of modern medical miracles, there isn't much that can't be cured or medicated if caught early enough.

"Down 38 pounds...." I used to like you!! That's where I need to be. No will power!!! Good for you! Glad, for your sake, you have the motivation to keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you sir!!!

Ditto. Great to see you found out early. Type 2 is a scourge. Kick its butt.

Will do man, ass kicking mode has been enabled!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.