• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK back to short game

I take it these are for on the practice green before a round?

I do them in my living room. I have one of those practice greens with an auto return, has about 9 ft of "green". I start at 3 ft and make 25 then move back to 5-6 ft for 25 than all the way out.

I've been averaging right at 36 putts/round or a bit less since May; I haven't had a 4 putt all summer, 3 putts have been offset by 1 putts.

Tomorrow I get my revenge. Playing Fenner Hill again with my boss and his son. Will not try to drive the green on #15 with 3W again.
icon10.gif
I'm 1/3 with 3W and 0/3 with driver.

I dropped the putt count to 37 but still shot 90. A triple on the last really pissed me off. 455yd. uphill par 4 and I stripe a cut dead center. From 170 uphill I top a 5iron straight into the evironmental hazard. What a mess from a perfect drive. Drives were good today but irons were bad. Even wedges were bad.

I played at Exeter CC today. Much easier greens. Still, short game sucked. I had 20 putts on the front and shot a GD 50. You'd think I was hacking it up shooting that score but not really. Tee shots were pretty good and I hit both par 3's in regulation. I played the front again since there was a league lined up to tee off the back. I played the white tees this time with 2 guys my age and shot 41. I didn't keep track of putts but 3 putted the par 5 from 20ft. and made bogies just barely on the fringe of 2 more holes inside of 15ft. from the hole.

I even putted a ton before I went out, like almost a half hour. I did the putt to the fringe, drained 95% of the putts inside of 8ft. on the practice green. Just can't make them out on the course.

I hate wasting tee shots like that. On the last 3 holes I hit 3 drives over 280 each. One straight, one cut and one draw. Full swing is coming along at least. If I could straighten out this short game there is no way I should be shooting over 80. It's embarassing when guys are like "holy $hit" when I hit a drive and I end up making a GD 5.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54