• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ok ShotTalkers, recommend me a new driver shaft

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Currently I have a Project-X 6.0 Tour shaft in my 8.5° Callaway Diablo Octane Tour head.

I’d like:
Lightweight
Low-mid trajectory
Low spin
Consistency (accuracy is more important to me than distance)
My tempo is quick with a clubhead speed of around 113mph

I’m looking to get a new head, too, most likely a 9.5° and am thinking of a Razr-Fit (want to keep it Callaway). I’m looking at callawaypreowned and might just trade mine in toward a new one out of sheer convenience.

But for now, recommend me a shaft, youse guys.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If I'd known, could have had one cut to length on the last project. Guaranteed to slow your swing speed for more accuracy and VERY low trajectory.
1013-4.jpg

Chris Duggins

Banned
Banned
Phucknugget
Mar 7, 2018
Country
Don't know if this is what you looking for but I found some great deals on heads, shafts and other golf stuff here (spam link to my own online store)

Nice try.
-TEA

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I was going to say Aldila NV but that is in the article WBL sent, good luck and happy hunting!
Seems like 65g is still somewhat heavy (well, not light)? For some reason I was thinking something less than 60... am I off-base here? I think my PX shafts are pretty damn heavy.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Back in the old days when I bought my Rapture the spin numbers on it were low. It was an Aldila NVS stiff flex and someone in here (R35?) said that was a low spin shaft. You can get them cheap and they are a great shaft.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Seems like 65g is still somewhat heavy (well, not light)? For some reason I was thinking something less than 60... am I off-base here? I think my PX shafts are pretty damn heavy.
65g is pretty light I believe. The Alta in my G400 is 55 grams.

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
Huh... I never really knew that shafts were that different. I always played what was in the club when I got it.
My favorite driver (Cleavland HiBore XL 9.5) has a Graffaloy pro red but my R7 has a pro blue.

Maybe its time I got one of them fittings for shafts?

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I'm a Callaway Guy too. I'm playing the XR16 now. I replaced the stock shaft with a Fuji Vista Pro 55g and love it.
I found it by doing a shaft fitting last summer. I highly recommend getting fit. There are many good shafts available and these new drivers allow one to easily change shafts.
As mentioned, Callaway Pre-Owned has shafts and Dallas Golf sells custom shafts. Dallas will install the correct adapter and install a grip before shipping.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.