• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. THIS ISNT FUNNY.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
This is the sort of thing that may force francis to pay attention to it for a change. ;)

Yup - Laissez-faire will just not work in the golf board world...

GoFlyers

Dec 18, 2004
LBCGolf said:
Sorry to hear about the LSU game, Bravo... tho I have to admit I made a couple of bucks going with the Tigers -2.5

You bet against my Tide?
You are so lucky to have made money on that bet... I am still smarting over that loss!

GoFlyers

Dec 18, 2004
Bravo said:
Ahh the funky world of golf boards...and seeing our 'cousins' come on in here from DG ...

How's it hanging guys??

I am still looking for your Double Secret Forum... where do you guys hide it? (ok, that is kinda inside joke... but Sling will get it).

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Go Flyers/LBC:

Gawd that was a gritty, gritty game...tickets going for about $350 apiece and the house was definitely rocking.

The LSU fans are the craziest I have ever seen. Wish I had my camera...ESPN had GameDay on the Quad which about 200 yards from the stadium...there is this LSU fan dressed head to toe in purple, green and gold, wearing a huge top hat and platform shoes...face painted...with gold sparkles and of course they are all just screaming drunk at 2:00 in the afternoon...

Really a tough loss for us after getting all over them in the first half. We are still a very young and thin team after being on probation and had no business being 9-0 at that point in the season anyway...

And I am glad you won some money. I saw the line fluctuate between 2.5 and 3 all week. Those bookmakers really amaze me sometimes RE: how close they get to the final score...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
LBCGolf said:
Sorry to hear about the LSU game, Bravo... tho I have to admit I made a couple of bucks going with the Tigers -2.5

Just don't bet agains't Texas. They've covered the spread in every game this year. See ya at The Rose Bowl. :)

GoFlyers

Dec 18, 2004
Bravo said:
Really a tough loss for us after getting all over them in the first half. We are still a very young and thin team after being on probation and had no business being 9-0 at that point in the season anyway...

Prothro going down hurt a ton with the thin offense... but they kept finding ways to win.
I really thought if they could just get 3 points on the board, after LSU scored on there opening second half drive, then Bama still would have had control of the game... dang that one hurt. So close!

LBCGolf

Nov 15, 2005
DaveE said:
Just don't bet agains't Texas. They've covered the spread in every game this year. See ya at The Rose Bowl. :)

Not to threadjack it too much but... oh what the hell,

I don't believe you guys covered against Ok State. Texas has been tough to bet for or against because they're usually a 4+ touchdown favorite. No amount of game analysis can predict whether they're gonna put the beat down on the other team and showcase Young for the Heisman or take the foot off the pedal and put in the scout team by the 3rd quarter.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
LBCGolf said:
Not to threadjack it too much but... oh what the hell,

I don't believe you guys covered against Ok State. Texas has been tough to bet for or against because they're usually a 4+ touchdown favorite. No amount of game analysis can predict whether they're gonna put the beat down on the other team and showcase Young for the Heisman or take the foot off the pedal and put in the scout team by the 3rd quarter.

You might be right, I'm going on what our local papers say and they're pretty biased.

They do seem conflicted whether to try to get Vince the Heisman or keep him from getting hurt. Nice problem to have I guess.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I'll start a new thread in "Other Sports" to talk about football...

Lupus

DG Crustacean of Death
Jan 20, 2005
Benguk said:
Sorry for bringing it over here, but obviously many users here are also members on GR.

Don't bring that shit over to DoubleGolf either. You wanna accuse me, accuse me on Golfreview. I'm still there. Don't come prancing into my house with that bullshit.

Tiger Who?

Oct 30, 2005
Lupus said:
Don't bring that shit over to DoubleGolf either. You wanna accuse me, accuse me on Golfreview. I'm still there. Don't come prancing into my house with that bullshit.

Who are you on Golfreview?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Kilted Arab said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Just some info on the internet for you. And for anyone else who may be interested.
Your article is about the World Wide Web. The Internet and the WWW are not one of the same. It is simply refering to the GUI interface that most people are accustomed too. The internet was around long before, since the Cold War and can mainly be attributed to the Department of Defense. Although the information you provided on the WWW is correct, it should not be confused with the induction of the internet and cyberspace in general.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online