• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK...

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo, I could calculate a rough score based on my last 15 or so rounds. Is that good enough?

OK. As an example, let's say my index is 20. Subtract 20 from 36. My quota is 16. I go out and shoot a round of 100 on a course rated 72.

When I go to the site, I enter a course index of 72 and a round score of what?

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Its not based on your final score. You assign points based on the score on each hole.

3 pts = bird or better
2 pts = par
1 pts = bogey
0 = double
-1 = worse.

so if you scores are as follows for 9 holes.

Hole 1. Bogey = 1pt
Hole 2. Par = 2pt
Hole 3 Birdie = 3pt
Hole 5. Double = 0pt
Hole 6. Par = 2pt
Hole 7. Bogey = 1pt
Hole 8. Bogey = 1pt
Hole 9. Par = 2pt
Total. 12pts.

That is then adjusted based on the course index. Ie if you playa hard course and you do bad, then the score may be adjusted up to compensate for you ability or lack thereof. each wekk you enter your points from your round nearest saturday. The adjusted score is calculated and then all your scores are everaged. That is you quota. Your score for any given week is compared to your quota. and a +-- is calulcated. you want a + number.

Ie: if you quata for 18 holes is 24 and this week you play well and get 27 point
27-24=+3 points over quota (POQ). If you end up with say 20 the 20-24=-4 (PUQ)

Your entire teams (POQ) is added up and compared to the other teams the tema with the highest POQ wins.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Exactly.

And once you factor in your putts per round (PPR) and Fairways in Regulation(FIR), divide that by the wind speed and the axis that the sun is playing that shot at, you'll finally have a number similar to the one that should match your license plate.

Take this, and divide it by the maximum number of beef ribs you can eat in one sitting. Then, take you jacket off and put it on inside out. Then, take your wife's car, bury the needle and eat a sweaty bandana.

Then, and only then, will you have the number that will represent the index for the USA vs ROTW tourney that BD set up.

;)

R35

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
So does this mean that I get a better score due to the fact that I have been playing in 40 degree weather :p

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Exactly.

And once you factor in your putts per round (PPR) and Fairways in Regulation(FIR), divide that by the wind speed and the axis that the sun is playing that shot at, you'll finally have a number similar to the one that should match your license plate.

Take this, and divide it by the maximum number of beef ribs you can eat in one sitting. Then, take you jacket off and put it on inside out. Then, take your wife's car, bury the needle and eat a sweaty bandana.

Then, and only then, will you have the number that will represent the index for the USA vs ROTW tourney that BD set up.

;)

R35

Ah, I see. All along I assumed this would be complicated. :faintthud

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
If people are having troubles with this i can make and email a spread sheet the will tell them the number they need to enter.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
Exactly.

;)

R35

Stop it and I am crying here...can't you see Ima trying to each lunch?? Tears in my soup...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Buddha:

Do this. Try your best to list your 15 most recent scores if you can remember them. Get an average score.

Take your average score and subtract 72. This is your "handicap".

We deduct your handicap from 36 to determine your quota and you're ready....

the reason stablefords are so popular with weekend golfers is because the blowup holes (double bogey or worse) don't completely ruin your day. They simply count as zero points. Often, players in a Stableford who are having a terrible hole just pick up their ball - write down a double or triple (According to Adjustable Stroke Control) and go on to the next hole...

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
B, I think the system is assigning us our quota based on our first round entered...has nothing to do with our actual indexes...if I understand correctly.

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Silver said:
B, I think the system is assigning us our quota based on our first round entered...has nothing to do with our actual indexes...if I understand correctly.

Yeah, there seems to be some confusion on this point. Either that, or I'm as dumb as the wife professes. :(

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Thanks BD! ASS HAT, awesome. LOL!

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but as of today, May 3rd, NO ONE has an established "Quota" or ASS HAT if you will. Correct?

Our quota will start with our first round which is this Saturday, correct?

Is there any time that we need to have our scores in by to see what team won that weekend?

I'm excited to get this thing rolling. It seems like it'll be a lot of fun.

I have the stableford points we are using on a Post-It note on my monitor just for reference so I don't have to keep looking at the other thread when I'm ready to input my score. I'd suggest others do the same.

(Edited to new scoring system)

Scoring:

Eagle or better: 8 points
Birdie: 4 Points
Par: 2 Points
Bogie: 1 Point
Double: 0 Points
No negative points.

Augster

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Just post your stableford score, B and the system will do the rest.

Strange tho. Your wife never even hinted to me that she thinks you are dumb. Take heart! Hung like a horsefly, but not dumb at all.

;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK this can work fine...we'll just start by posting our points..:usflag: :usflag:

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Just post your stableford score, B and the system will do the rest.

Strange tho. Your wife never even hinted to me that she thinks you are dumb. Take heart! Hung like a horsefly, but not dumb at all.

;)

OK. So the index concept is out at this point. I just need to enter my stableford score based on the 18 holes I play, correct?

We're playing 36 holes at the Remington GC in Kissimmee, FL on Wednesday. All you can play, eat, and practice for just $28. Awesome deal. Pics to follow.

Crowe, did she mention if it was a baby or adult horsefly?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I'll be joining tourney list just as soon as the date with destiny in Portstewart is over - I don't want to show my hand to IG, KA and TM too soon - oh if I did happen to post my scores for last weekend (Fri, Sat & Mon can you believe it) - it wont effect by 4 shots each side on IG will it ???

Members online

No members online now.